Are There Graces from Rite of Candidacy for Deacons?

Soon, I will receive the Rite of Candidacy as I pursue ordination into the permanent diaconate. A few months ago, a statement was made by one of the leaders in our formation program that “certain graces” flow from the Rite of Candidacy. The situation was awkward since the subject matter was dealing with women’s ordination and I didn’t want ask them to explain further (to avoid fanning the flames). So, I figured I would ask here. Are there “certain graces” that come from the Rite of Candidacy.

If you ask me, “what do you mean by ‘certain graces’?” I’ll just have to say, I have no idea - but my guess is that it must be a spiritual protection of some sort.

Presumably there are certain graces that flow from it… but what I would like to know is how this is connected to women’s’ ordination [sic].

[quote="YoungTradCath, post:2, topic:337207"]
Presumably there are certain graces that flow from it... but what I would like to know is how this is connected to women's' ordination [sic].

[/quote]

In the normal course of events, I would normally just ask the person making the statement that "certain graces" come from the rite. The reference to the ordination of women had nothing to do with my question, except to explain in advance why I didn't just ask.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.