Are there guidelines for proper dress for Mass?

I had a debate with a friend of mine, at our catholic liberal arts college, about the proper way to dress for Sunday mass. She thinks that if someone is more comfortable in jeans and a plain t-shirt, then that is just fine. I somehow disagree and think that because the mass is such a unique and beautiful part of our live we should dress appropriatly with women wearing dresses or skirts or in the very, very least dressy slacks and men wearing dress slack and a nice oxford or polo. My problem is that I don’t know if I have anything to back me up. I believe that I am right, because for the sacred, I know that it is only right to give it our best which often means uncomfortable dress clothes, but I don’t know how to convince her. Is there some doctrine or statement by the vatican that says something supporting my belief? Am I right? Thank you so much!
Through Our Lady,
Mary

These links should give you the answers that you need. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by this, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
**Recommended Reading:
[LIST]
*]What happened to wearing your Sunday best?
*]Are jeans acceptable attire for Mass?
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.