Are those who will be saved, without sin or inclination to sin in this life?

I’d like both Catholics and especially non-Catholic Christians to give their understandings.

Read rom7:13 to 8:11

Due to the stain of original sin, man derives the inclination to commit personal sin, whether one will receive final salvation or not.

We are cleansed and turned back towards God in Baptism, but remain inclined to sin, & have to spend our lives fighting it.

CCC, Paragraph 405
"Although it is proper to each individual, original sin does not have the character of a personal fault in any of Adam’s descendants. It is a deprivation of original holiness and justice, but human nature has not been totally corrupted: it is wounded in the natural powers proper to it, subject to ignorance, suffering and the dominion of death, and inclined to sin - an inclination to evil that is called concupiscence". Baptism, by imparting the life of Christ’s grace, erases original sin and turns a man back towards God, but the consequences for nature, weakened and inclined to evil, persist in man and summon him to spiritual battle.
[Emphasis added]

Chris

Amen! Those who are saved will be WITH the inclination to sin (no human avoids it but the Blessed Virgin) but WITHOUT (unrepented) mortal sin.

FYI, I created this poll because a non-Catholic Christian posted the following (slightly paraphrased to remove a non-essential yet hot-button issue):

If (there exist upon death) SAVED people who are not yet perfected (still have sinful attachments) on what righteous basis were these people saved from eternal suffering in hell?

I found this quite an astonishing viewpoint, so I wanted to see if it was a common one.

Paul never would have written his letters had Christians proven to be sin-free.

Paul himself wrestled with sin.

I have no doubt Paul is in heaven.

Therefore, one may be saved, and also sin post-baptismally in this life.

I’m non-Catholic and I vote WITHOUT sin or inclination to sin in this life 1 5.56%
I’m non-Catholic and I vote WITH sin or inclination to sin in this life
I may have messed up your poll:o sorry

if one does not believe and is **to be **saved then of course they have sin

if one** is **saved, then of course they still have sin but by the blood of Jesus sacrifice it is covered. BUT it doesnt mean they are on a get of of jail card free. It means that because of accepting Jesus sacrifice you in turn surrender your life in sacrifice to Him. By doing what He asked of you.

hope that makes sense. or Im not understanding the poll :shrug:

Yep, that’s my understanding.

Let’s not kick St Augustine out of Heaven. :wink:

Nor St. Francis of Assisi.

Those who the devil does not already have are the ones he is after, so they are the ones who will be tempted greater and will have to struggle harder to resist temptation to sin. We see this from the readings of the saints.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.