Are We Living in the End Times?

A lot of evangelicals say that we are living in, or are soon going to be living in, the End Times, and that the Great Tribulation is near. Our Christians brothers seem to have a lot of evidence from the Bible to support these claimes and a lot of it makes sense. I’m not talking about Tim Lahaye’s trash, Left Behind, but the preachers who are seriously for real about what they are saying. So what do you think? Is there any truth in their claims? Are we living in the End Times?

There is always some guy saying that we’re in the end times
There have been movements like that for centuries

But we’re told we will not know the time
It could be tomorrow, it could be in 102,005

So the answer to your question is maybe but probably not

We do not know,it seems like it just because of the evil going on.You almost wish the Lord would clean the place up:( Alot of the saints say it is close,but do they refer to human or Gods years?

Our priest has told us not to be afraid of the end times and not to be anxious. We are to live each day as if it might be our last anyway – make sure we confess our sins, ask forgiveness of our loved ones, etc. Then we will look forward to His coming!

He said the prayer said between the “Our Father” and the “For thine is the kingdom” sums it up nicely:

"*Deliver us, O Lord, from every evil, and grant us peace in our day. In Your mercy keep us free from sin, *and protect us from all anxiety, as we await with joyful hope ** the coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ."

Yes, you are living in your end times every day of your life. When your life ends, your ‘time’ ends, since time is a man made concept. There is no time in eternity, so you are living every day in your own individual personal end times. To speculate further, in my humble opinion, is a waste of your end time.

…i guess you could say we started living in the END times the moment Adam took a bite…:cool:

…and boy, did that bite…:eek:

can you say EVICTION?

http://users3.ev1.net/~texaslynn/Graphics/KickButt.gif

[quote=Gracie2004]Yes, you are living in your end times every day of your life. When your life ends, your ‘time’ ends, since time is a man made concept. There is no time in eternity, so you are living every day in your own individual personal end times. To speculate further, in my humble opinion, is a waste of your end time.
[/quote]

You were reading my mind, I was just about to say the same. I will just add that what difference does it make if the world ends tomorrow or ten centuries from now? We still have to prepair for our own end every second, If I am not ready right now then why should I be conserend when the world will end. Prepair every second as if the next second where the last. :thumbsup:

We may be living in our own “end time”, but I don’t believe we are living in The End Times. Check this out: www.catholic.com/thisrock/1998/9802fea1.asp

[size=2]
Crazy Internet Junkie Society
****Carrier of the Angelic Sparkles Sprinkle Bag[/size]

[quote=space ghost]…i guess you could say we started living in the END times the moment Adam took a bite…:cool:

…and boy, did that bite…:eek:

can you say EVICTION?

http://users3.ev1.net/~texaslynn/Graphics/KickButt.gif
[/quote]

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

We need to live as if each moment could be our own end time.

I really don’t worry much about whether we are in the one and only "end times’. IF we are, I’m just as ready as if we are not.

Some of the Marian sites make some references to our times as the beginning of a ‘new age’. I’m not sure what that means.

I doubt it means the same thing as what the protestants refer to, as they are taking the book of revelations as very literal, while a lot of it was written about events during the age of Nero.

I find it mildly interesting and ironic that the world’s religions, Judaism, Islam, and Christianity are all looking for the coming of a messiah or of an anti-Christ. He or she may become different things for different folks. One group may think he is evil, another may think he /she is God. Things could get pretty confusing and quite dangerous.

wc

[quote=Greg00]A lot of evangelicals say that we are living in, or are soon going to be living in, the End Times, and that the Great Tribulation is near. Our Christians brothers seem to have a lot of evidence from the Bible to support these claimes and a lot of it makes sense. I’m not talking about Tim Lahaye’s trash, Left Behind, but the preachers who are seriously for real about what they are saying. So what do you think? Is there any truth in their claims? Are we living in the End Times?
[/quote]

Okay, going out on a limb here…I think we are living in the end times, many of the apparitions, including some approved ones; speak of the end of time being near. I don’t think it is something that is to be feared though, we should try and live as if each day is end. I could get killed in a car wreak tomorrow, and that would be my end…so I want to be prepared for the unexpected…lol…:angel1:

Pam

Absolutely !

I figure all the people living today will die within the next 130 years or so.
We really need to concentrate on our relationship with Jesus and lead others to a close relationship with Him.
I figure if we all do this, we will be in great shape.

Trick

[quote=PassthePeace1] I car wreak /QUOTE]

oh, gosh…really should proof read before sending messages…sorry…CAR WRECK…
[/quote]

Hello

That is what a previous priest also said, I am prepared day by day even though I am in my thirties, you never know when the good lord take us.

God Bless
Saint Andrew.

[quote=Didi]Our priest has told us not to be afraid of the end times and not to be anxious. We are to live each day as if it might be our last anyway – make sure we confess our sins, ask forgiveness of our loved ones, etc. Then we will look forward to His coming!

He said the prayer said between the “Our Father” and the “For thine is the kingdom” sums it up nicely:

“*Deliver us, O Lord, from every evil, and grant us peace in our day. In Your mercy keep us free from sin, **and protect us from all anxiety, as we await with joyful hope ***the coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ.”
[/quote]

we are living in end times, and have been since Jesus ascended into heaven. The end of the world is imminent, but reckoned in God’s time, not ours. Jesus told us we will not know the day nor the hour, but must maintain ourselves in a constant state of readiness for the coming of the Son of Man. So virgins, trim your lamps and fill them with oil, and men gird your loins, and all of you cleanse yourself and put on the wedding garment so that when the summons comes you will be ready.

[quote=Greg00]Are we living in the End Times?
[/quote]

Could be interesting to quote one of those Cioran’s aphorism. The king of skepticism says: “One of my French friends strongly believes we are living in the end times. At the same time he has lots of children. You do not procreate in Patmos”.

We all agree we have to live saintly every day of our lives. But at least some behavior would be quiet different whether you believe the end of the world is really close or not.

“Are we living in the End Times?” I think that if the very question can be done, the answer should be “no”. End times, end of the world, great tribulation, end of days, are evident, manifest happenings. Implies a time never seen before. “… for at that time there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will be” (Matthew 24, 21). The appearance of the abomination of desolation is a future fact that we really do not know what it means now. But we are going to recognize it without a shadow of doubt the day of fulfillment.

[quote=Lisa4Catholics]We do not know,it seems like it just because of the evil going on.You almost wish the Lord would clean the place up:( Alot of the saints say it is close,but do they refer to human or Gods years?
[/quote]

I can say I feel that way too. “Just clean things up”. I know that is a bad way to feel but with all the bad news you hear it just really makes you upset. Then again if the world ended tommorow, many of us would probably go south. At least this time we have now can be used finding God and making amends.

Every day we see Gods wonder in this world and rejoice,sin is rife in the world of today also and we are all guilty,we dont know if we are living in the end times,but the word repent should be bellowed for all to hear, Jesus is the way and the Truth.
God Bless

:gopray2:  :gopray2:  :gopray2:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.