Are we to judge?

I often said to non-Catholics we are allowed to judge people on actions but not on heaven and Hell. Today in mass I heard the reading (Reading 2 Jas 5:7-10), “Make your hearts firm,because the coming of the Lord is at hand. Do not complain, brothers and sisters, about one another, that you may not be judged.”

Jimmy Akins said,

1. Not a prohibition on admonishing others

Jesus did also not intend his words to be used to stop others from admonishing others when they are committing sinful behavior.

Jesus himself told his ministers:

Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you [Matt. 28:19-20Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)].

That would include teaching his commands regarding sexual morality.

Also, admonishing sinners is a spiritual work of mercy that we are to engage in:

My brethren, if any one among you wanders from the truth and some one brings him back, let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins [Jas. 5:19-20Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)].

jimmyakin.com/2013/08/what-did-jesus-mean-when-he-said-not-to-judge-others-10-things-to-know-and-share.html

My question is can we judge others action and declare them not within Jesus teachings or do we have to not judge and let the Lord judge bad actions at the end times?

These links should give you the answers that you need. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by this, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
Recommended Reading:

[LIST]
*]Catholics and Judging?!
*]Can Catholics judge others?
*]We can judge others?
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.