Are you a cradle catholic, convert, or revert?

Cradle Catholic but only back practicing since August 2018.

Convert and revert. Converted on my own accord from being a Methodist at age 7. Been away from the Catholic Church for decades, not converted to any other church, but attended Lutheran services with my wife for a few years. I came back to the Church faithfully about 5 years ago.

In the process of converting, about to start RCIA.

Raised Catholic, left the faith in my early twenties, about 30 years ago.

Baptized at 2 years old and raised Catholic. I left the church years ago and swung to the opposite side of the pendulum, getting involved in the darker side of the occult etc. I certainly never expected to be actively trying to return. I found myself drawn to a beautiful Gothic style church in San Francisco a few months back and I thought I’d go in and have a look at the architecture and art. The church was locked (it was just at dawn - I’m a morning person :slight_smile:) but I still felt like I had to go in. So I ended up going back to my hotel for a bit and came back in a couple of hours. Something just really compelled me to sit down and stay for the mass. I sat there and just started seeing where I was at in relationship to this “something” I felt there. I dont know - I certainly never intended to be returning home with this desire to start searching for God. I’m struggling ALOT but I’m doing my best to return to the church. Funnily enough, I never actually looked around at the art. I’ll have to do that next time.

Cradle Catholic. Practicing Catholic. Hallelujah!

Cradle Catholic. Born, baptized and raised a Catholic.

Just your average (cradle) sinnervert. :wink:

And you’re still Catholic? :sweat_smile:

Come on back home. Once a Catholic always a Catholic. :pray::pray::pray:

cradle Catholic revert
semper iterum incipere

born and raised in a very catholic environment, but I’ve left the church to become LDS, then went to a Baptist church, then went to a Lutheran church. Yeah I’m not the most religiously stable person. :smile:

Well, it’s good to have your hear. The door back to the Catholic Church is always open. Let us know here in the forum if you have questions, complaints, and / or things you want to discuss about Catholicism. :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing that! Very encouraging reminder of the reality of God’s Grace breaking into our lives in subtle and surprising ways.

i will thank you so much!

Evangelical Tradional Catholiscisti born again.

I was a CRADLE Latin Rite Catholic but a CONVERT to the Maronite Rite of Catholicism as of March 17th, 2018!

I’m a Cradle Catholic. I was baptized as an infant. I was an altar boy when I was very young. When I was about 12 my mother left the Catholic Church and forced my sister and myself to attend a church called Springs of life. It was absolutely terrible, I would always stay with my Grandparents or my great Grandparents on the weekends so I could go to mass with them. Unfortunately my mothers breaking away from the church stopped me from having my conformation at the age of reason. Although last year I finally was confirmed and it felt so good. :blush:

I’m a convert & a revert. Converted in 1999- my marriage ended 7 months later. I fell away from the church shortly after-I stayed away for 17 years. I came back to the sacraments January 2018. I will never leave again. My faith is the most important thing in my life. It’s been a hard road to walk back but I keep pressing on!

I’m a (daily struggling) revert since 2011.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.