- True. You’re right. But isn’t it still better receiving from a Priest or Deacon? After all Christ is Christ.
If Christ is Christ then it doesn’t matter who you recieve from.
- True. You’re right. It’s still hard for me to forget that the EMHC’s are not ordained. They are still EXTRAORDINARY. When receiving on the tongue from the ordained, no one touches my Precious Lord, but the ordained.
When recieving on the tongue you still touch Christ! Just not with your hand. I have a hard time believing that Christ distributed the unleavened bread on the tongues of those present at the last supper. “Take this all of you and eat it” seems to imply, to me anyhow, that we are to take as we would take any other food. With our hands. And yes, I know this isn’t ordinary food, but neither is it such that Christ prhibited us from touching it. What if Christ had forbade the people of Jerusalem from touching Him? The woman touching His cloak and being healed comes to mind.
- What about the squemish EMHC’s who dislike the communicant who receives on the tongue? Are they not rude to me?
No, they are not rude. Simply un-trained. This is the fault of the people who train them at th parish.
- I don’t either, but what about the EMHC’s who grimmace at the ‘snappers’? I’d rather take a chance at being accused of offending an EMHC than disrespecting my Precious Lord.
But you aren’t disrespecting Him by recieving in the hand.
- What about the particles? What about the thefts? What about the ham-handed, like me, who want to take no chance dropping the Precious Body of Christ? I’ll never have to worry about any of that receiving on the tongue.
What about the particles? Unless you parish uses something other than standard communion wafers or freshly baked altar bread, there shoudn’t be any. You can just as easily drop the host from your tongue as your hand. Especially if the EMHC’s are as bad at your parish as they sound.
Please forgive me for my feelings. I knew I’d get ripped on, here. I was just curious about others who do the dreaded line-jump. Again, please don’t judge me too harshly, my intentions are good.
No need to apologise for how you feel. It is just that, how you feel. I’m not judging you at all, just asking you to put some real though into why you recieve the way you do. No hard feelings.