Are you currently reading a book? What are your favorite TV shows/movies?

I guess I’m just curious in general if anyone recommends a particular book (about the faith or not) and what book you’re reading at the moment. Also if anyone has favorite tv shows they watch weekly.

I’m currently reading the “Fullfillment of All Desire” and highly recommend it! I rarely watch tv but when I do it’s “Hawaii 50” and “The Mentalist”! Awesome shows but sometimes I have to close my eyes because of violence (gun action, fighting, etc haha)

:slight_smile:

Just finished ‘Heloise and Abelard’ by James Burge. I love medieval history. Don’t like TV, except for EWTN and baseball. Reading, yardwork, CAF.

Currently reading “Magnetic Christianity” by Gus Lloyd. Not much for TV. But on the internet I like “The Vortex” with Michael Voris. I also spend a lot of spare time on CAF.

Reading … yeesh. I’ve the White Queen by Philippa Gregory that I’ve been “reading” for months but I’m just not progressing with it. I used to very much like her books. This one is either just very “ehh” or I guess my taste has changed. I’m also reading something in my iPieta app,St. Therese of Child Jesus. I do very much like it, but haven’t read in now in … a couple of weeks. I also flip through the Catechism’s on there and some daily readings or just the bible in general. Not daily mind you though I keep meaning to. hehe I need to get a swift kick in the butt.

As for tv, if it’s not cartoons or a movie with my daughter, Sunday evenings (or Monday when I get it from itunes) I like to watch the television show Once Upon a Time. I very much like that one. I am not entirely sure why but I bought a season pass on itunes, got all the past episodes and caught up to the current one in a week :eek::blush: I also liked the one episode of the show Touched (or is it Touch?) that I saw.

Part of my Lenten reading has been:

Thrift Store Saints: Meeting Jesus 25¢ at a Time by Jane Knuth

It’s a very good book. I’ve had to control myself to read it only at my Adoration Chapel time. Because I would have devoured it … glad I didn’t. The stories have made me think long after I’ve read them at my Holy Hour.

Currently reading Death Comes to Pemberly, a mystery novel by P.D. James.

For tv, I enjoy many crime/mystery shows, the news, and the always interesting Celebrity Apprentice.

Reading “Thunder Dog”.

Favorite TV shows: Blue Bloods, NCIS, Once Upon a Time, sports and The Food Network especially “Chopped.”

I love history and am currently reading a book called ‘The Blockade Breakers’ about the Berlin Airlift. Fascinating. Happened (nearly) in my life-time but I knew virtually nothing about it.
Favourite Tv shows are CSI - Vegas, CSI - Miami and NCIS.
Also really enjoy old series. Just finished watching all 30 episodes of the Time Tunnel. Brilliant. Next is Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.
Really enjoyed Star Trek and the old detective series, Ironside, Columbo, Kojak etc. Before watching Time Tunnel I watched Kolchak - The Night Stalker. Fabulous.

I just finished reading “The Hound of the Baskervilles”. I’m also currently working through “Not By Bread Alone” by Bishop Robert Morneau (daily Lenten reflections - it’s ok but probably better for group discussion rather than individual use).

Favorite movie is “The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly”.

Favorite TV show… Star Trek & Gilligan’s Island.

I’m currently reading through the Walking Dead graphic novels, and after that I will be heading on to The Hunger Games book series.

The only TV series that I am really into is The Walking Dead. I really enjoy the creativity of Robert Kirkman.

Ite in pace,
Joshua

Just got the latest Mary Higgins Clark novel, “The Lost Years” and will probably finish it today! Love mysteries and am working my way through the Ella Clah series by Aimee and David Thurlo (just finished the Posadas County mysteries by Steven F. Havill.)

TV–“NCIS” every Tuesday night is our family time! We also like “Ghost Hunters”, “Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives” (for planning our fantasy road trips!), some History Channel stuff (lots on the TItanic right now), and my guilty pleasure (when I can wrest the remote away from the guys and ESPN) is “My Fair Wedding” and “Say Yes to the Dress”.

I don’t see how anyone can stand to watch NCIS and not throw-up. I couldn’t watch more than 5 minutes of that show before I got very sick to my stomach.

Currently reading The Firestarter by Stephen King. As with any King book be prepared to lose hours of your life. This guy knows how to write an engrossing book.

Favorite shows:

The Walking Dead beyond awsome!!
The Game of Thrones again, awsome, but it has alot of sex and violence. Not for the weak of heart
Vampire Diaries
True Blood again, alot of sex and violence

Just finished a Stephen White, watch less and less TV but NEVER miss NCIS.

Really? You sure you’re not confusing it with one of the CSI shows? I never thought NCIS was gory.

Maybe so. They all seem gory to me. Recently they showed a person who was shot dead with blood all over his shirt and flies swarming all over the corpse. I don’t know which show it was but the sight made me sick at my stomach.

I bought a Kindle mid year last year to take on a trip. I never thought I’d .like it, and I don’t like it as much as a book but it is a wellspring of free old books that I have enjoyed. I have over 200 titles to read. I just downloaded a ton of Robert Hugh Benson’s books and want to start on “The Lord of the World” this evening.

I’m a couple chapters into chestertons “orthodoxy” its a wonderful book, really makes you think, but in a good way :slight_smile:

lol Kindle changed my life. I was never big into reading but since I have had my Kindle Fire I have been reading nonstop. It makes it so easy to just pickup a title and start reading. I am absolutely in love.

Joshua

Johsua,

I’m lovin’ my Nook Tablet. I’ve always been a HUGE reader and this just makes my life so much better!

:slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.