Are you experiencing a very hot summer?

Man oh man...we are experiencing a horrible heat wave. With the humidity is has been 106 degrees!!! We are dying here and last night the power went out for 2 hours!!!

I'm in Canada too!!!

Is anyone else experiencing a crazy heatwave?

I live in southeastern Colorado, and before you picture pretty mountains and all the wonders of Colorado, stop! ;) I'm in the plains, about 35 miles from the western KS border and about 70 miles north of OK. It is SOOOO hot here...and dry. Bleah! Well, not dry compared to some places, because last year I spent some time in a death trap in NM, and THAT was bad. But, we frequently hit over 100 degrees before the afternoon. Right now it's 89.9 degrees outside where we have our thermometer....in the shade!

I hope for lots more kids...but no more during the summer! :p:rolleyes:

PS
You're ruining MY vision of Canada...I keep telling my husband to take me on an extended vacation to NORTH Canada until the baby arrives!

It's 77 degrees where I am and that's far too hot. I would die at 106.

Condolences.

Hello up there!

Yes, we're extremely hot over here, but it's more or less normal for us. Highs tend to be in the upper 90s to lower 100s, plus a few added degrees with the heat index. Night just barely cools us off. Usually, when the 10:00 PM news comes on, the current temperature is still 90 degrees or so.

Our biggest problem right now is the dryness, which fortunately seems to be slacking off. I neglected my garden for a week or two because of morning sickness. When I came back to it, it looked as if somebody had set it on fire! Ouch. . .

Anyway, so sorry that you have to put up with such an awful summer, when I imagine that your winters aren't too easy either. The only advice I have is to make use of water sprinklers for the little ones, and plan your outings for early in the morning!

We caught a break in the heat from Alex, but at the expense of 10-15 inches of rain. Here in Texas we have two seasons, summer and not-summer. It hasn't been not-summer for two months.

[quote="pnewton, post:5, topic:204431"]
We caught a break in the heat from Alex, but at the expense of 10-15 inches of rain. Here in Texas we have two seasons, summer and not-summer. It hasn't been not-summer for two months.

[/quote]

LOL! I like that line, "summer and not-summer!"

I live in New Hampshire, where we gleefully have all four seasons, and right now, it's uncommonly hot. I have AC, and if it gets above 80ish, I run towards it!

Keep cool everyone!

[quote="JohnDamian, post:3, topic:204431"]
It's 77 degrees where I am and that's far too hot. I would die at 106.

Condolences.

[/quote]

77? That's my air condition setting! The temp here is up and over 100 at times.

Funny how people are conditioned to their environment. :D

I live in North Central Texas. It’s either hot or not hot and at the present moment - it’s hot! :wink:

We've had heat index in the triple digits. But ATM we're not as hot as you are. For now the humidity is lower but it's about to go back up :(

I just make sure to get outside chores done early in the morning, or towards dusk. I feel worse for the animals. I've hosed down the cow a few times already in the past two weeks. And I have a kiddy wading pool outside for the dogs (when they go outside...it's too uncomfortable even for them right now) and the other small animals.

It's definitely easier to do stuff outside in the winter :p

97 here in NJ, we’re having a heat wave. No rain in the past month. Brown grass abounds. Last night at 8pm it was still 91.

[quote="JohnnyK, post:10, topic:204431"]
97 here in NJ, we're having a heat wave. No rain in the past month. Brown grass abounds. Last night at 8pm it was still 91.

[/quote]

Melting away here in New York - No rain for over 3 weeks -

Current temp in the shade is 102

:tanning:

My son played a baseball game on the shores of Lake Erie last night at 6:30 p.m. with a start time temp of 94 degrees and it's expected to be that hot most of the week. We only have two seasons. Winter and road construction.

It's almost 80 here this morning and should be in the mid-eighties today. Humidity is the problem... well, that and the state bird-- the MOSQUITO.

I can handle hot weather if it's dry, but humidity absolutley zaps my strength. Give me -20 below and I'm fine.

Steph

I live in Florida and strangely enough, it isn't very hot here right now. We have been getting rain on an almost daily basis. However, it seems that the pattern is changing and we will have a very warm July and August, :(.

I'm also in Canada and we had a wet June, but we are about to get a mini heat wave here. By this afternoon it should be about 26 C or so (about 84 F) and by tomorrow it should be about 90 F. I'm actually excited to get some summer weather finally. :p Of course, it is easier when it's still not quite 30 C (about 92 F).

[quote="Lutheranteach, post:12, topic:204431"]
My son played a baseball game on the shores of Lake Erie last night at 6:30 p.m. with a start time temp of 94 degrees and it's expected to be that hot most of the week. We only have two seasons. Winter and road construction.

[/quote]

Lol! :D

Well put.

[quote="Sasha, post:15, topic:204431"]
I'm also in Canada and we had a wet June, but we are about to get a mini heat wave here. By this afternoon it should be about 26 C or so (about 84 F) and by tomorrow it should be about 90 F. I'm actually excited to get some summer weather finally. :p Of course, it is easier when it's still not quite 30 C (about 92 F).

[/quote]

We're in Southern Ontario...where are you? It has been very warm since April for us. We have had a great spring/summer so far. This week is too hot though.

It's very hot and humid where I live--across the street from Lake Ontario in NY state.
Wish it would cool off some. My poor basset hound, Ike doesn't take to the heat and humidity too well as he is a diabetic. I give him ice water every 3 hrs., fans blowing around him (he doesn't like it but he needs them or he will overheat), his favorite brown quilt, and the option of coming into our bedroom to sleep on the floor as it is the only place that has AC. He prefers to just pass out in the hallway.

For some reason, he hates to get wet, even if I give him a bath,he cries like I'm hurting him. I've tried to squirt some water on his belly and he ran away and hid under the kitchen table. Silly dog. lol :D

I just pray we get some relief soon as I can't take it due to my health issues. At least I can chill out in the back room w/the AC going.

Stay cool everyone. Praying for the CAF gang here :gopray: that they can find relief in any way, shape, or form.

[quote="Serap, post:17, topic:204431"]
We're in Southern Ontario...where are you? It has been very warm since April for us. We have had a great spring/summer so far. This week is too hot though.

[/quote]

I'm on the west coast. I moved here mostly because of the weather. I grew up in a LOT of snow, but we hardly ever get any here. In the summer, it doesn't get as hot either. During the day, I like the heat, but I don't miss it at night when I am trying to sleep though. :D

Here in Seattle, it's been unusually cool/cold. I don't think we've even hit 80 degrees yet this year.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.