Are you prepared for the 3 days & 3 nights of darkness?

Not sure what forum to put this in. If this is the wrong spot for it, I’d request the staff to move it to a more appropriate forum.

Supposedly, Blessed Anna-Maria Taigi has been referred to as one of the greatest saints of all time by Popes & cardinals. She was praised by Pope Benedict XV in her beatification on May 20, 1920 and she foretold the first two world wars of this century. Eighteen years after her death, her body remained fresh and in a state of perfect preservation as if it had been just buried the day before. [/FONT] ]

She also foretold of an intense period of darkness lasting three days and three nights. Reading her prophecy, chills the bone. Has anyone prepared for this by stocking up on holy water, blessed candles, three days supply of food & water, etc.?

In these days of such unrest, war, disease, famine, violence, hatred and disaster I am prepared mentally, physically , spiritually and emotionally for anything to occur be it my own death or even those most dreaded three days before the Just Judge comes on the most terrible of all days, the Last Day.

Only the foolish sit back and live daily saying there is no need to prepare.

We are not obliged to believe private revelations, even of saints and I can’t imagine people stocking up their cupboards specifically because of this.

We are already warned by Jesus (Matt 24:44)
that “you also must be prepared, for at an hour you do not expect, the Son of Man will come.”

We prepare by accepting and living all the teachings of the Church (which are the teachings of Jesus).

Actually three days doesn’t seem to be long to do without food. Water, yes but not food. I’m just getting over the flu where I pretty much went without for 4-5 days with no illl effect other a few shed pounds.

These discussions always appear the same. Very general and subjective in nature. We have always had natural disasters. I suppose the question would be more of how we define an increase in natural disasters. Statistically speaking we have to account for times of increased activity. The question becomes one of abnormal increased activity which is difficult to discern without exercising and reviewing much data.

The other issue, the loss or decrease of morilty is much the same as the natural disaster issue. Yet even more difficult to measure. Although, subjectively speaking, it does seem to me that the world’s morals have changed over the last 30-40 years in a manner away from the church. I recall the days when Laura and Rob Petry (Dick Van Dyke Show) slept in seperate beds as a married television couple. A bit of contrast from Will and Grace or Sex in the City.

I wonder if it’s sinful to harbor a secret desire for God to inflict His wrath on the world. Sure would be a welcome change.

[quote=thistle]We are not obliged to believe private revelations, even of saints and I can’t imagine people stocking up their cupboards specifically because of this.
[/quote]

I know that we are not REQUIRED to believe the private revelations of saints which is why I’m asking this question to see how many folks have placed stock into what was prophecied ESPECIALLY since she accurately foretold of two world wars and her body was supernaturally preserved after death.

As far as stocking up my cupboards, I’m the type of person who likes to be prepared like the boy scout’s like to say. I’m prepared for natural disasters with emergency generators, extra flashlight, batteries, extra food & water, a 4x4 Jeep, etc.

[quote=thistle]We are already warned by Jesus (Matt 24:44)
that “you also must be prepared, for at an hour you do not expect, the Son of Man will come.”

We prepare by accepting and living all the teachings of the Church (which are the teachings of Jesus).
[/quote]

I try to better spiritually prepared with weekly confession & communion, daily personal prayer, etc.

However, as a husband, father & head of the house, I have a responsibility to plan for my family’s safety and well-being. Her prophecy makes it sound like these will be supernatural events that those who are properly prepared BOTH spiritually and physically, will be able to come through safely.

Just wondering how many other people have heard of this prophecy and have taken any steps to be better prepared for it by stocking up on blessed candles or something like that.

I’m not sure it takes a prophecy to encourage folks to stash away some water and food, but more of prudence in this day and age of terrorism.

A disaster can pop up at any time. Just a few years ago on a beautiful August day, the north east lost electricity resulting from a power grid failure.

And of keeping your soul ready, that makes good sense as well.

[quote=jrabs]I’m not sure it takes a prophecy to encourage folks to stash away some water and food, but more of prudence in this day and age of terrorism.

A disaster can pop up at any time. Just a few years ago on a beautiful August day, the north east lost electricity resulting from a power grid failure.

And of keeping your soul ready, that makes good sense as well.
[/quote]

I try to keep my soul ready with weekly confessions, the Eucharist, daily prayer, etc. I’m have food, flashlight, batteries, guns & ammo stocked up

What I don’t have is enought blessed candles to last me a few days in total darkness and enough holy water to bless every door and every window and every wall.

Oh boy. I’m really scared. And if I said today “hey mom and dad, do you think we could stock up on food and water and maybe some blessed wax candles for the three days and nights of darkness??” They’d probably just say “Where’d you hear about that??” and not take it seriously.

Plus, I’m confused…is this the Apacolypse (spelled wrong!), or is it like when Noah built the Ark??

I can’t prepare with food or water…Dh eats it all when I’m not home…lol…

So, this end of days stuff, it scares me. But my question is, Jesus said he’d come when we least expect it. So if you are preparing, then you’re expecting it and so it won’t happen just yet…is that possible?

I have a book about Anna Maria Taigi and if there was something I came away with from this book, it was the she lived a life of complete humility… Heck, even her own spiritual director was made Venerable by the church even before she was… which in reading into the personality of Anna through biographies about her makes sense.

If you read about her life and how God used her to heal people, make hundreds of prophecies and constantly had a golden globe like a miniature sun before her at all times that only she could see and where she could tell the state of persons souls and many others things… it would astonish you.

I think just like Anna chose to live a life humbly and away from all times of fanfare for the gifts bestowed upon her by God… that is why she is little known today and you don’t see alot of interest in her prophecies and I think God wants it this way… I think it is more important to try to strive to lead a holy life and not worry about when the end is coming… just worry about how not offend Our Lord.

God bless

You have to be really careful with prophesy. Remember how everyone thought the third secret of Fatima was about the end of the Church? Sometimes things don’t mean what they look like on the surface.

The three days of darkness sound more symbolic to me. Three days–there is that number three–is it literally three days?
Could it mean something else? As far as darkness-is it a literal darkness? Could it be a time of spiritual darkness–maybe we are in it. Only blessed candles burning–could it be the light of the tabernacle–faith–the Church itself?

I bet we only understand in hindsight.

Youre probably true, but it is still a scary thought.

What I don’t understand is the repopulation and ressurgence of the Church…

everything leading up to that point would indicate the End Times - those prior to Jesus coming for the Final time…

but Jesus doesn’t come…

all the godless are killed…

man returns to live off the land and start anew…

Doesn’t make sense. He said He would not destroy mankind again but rather come once and for all to take everyone up with Him.

In this scenario He’s taking the martyrs and the young but leaving mankind behind to start again…like with Noah…

Something’s off…

[quote=JMJ Theresa]As far as darkness-is it a literal darkness? Could it be a time of spiritual darkness–maybe we are in it. Only blessed candles burning–could it be the light of the tabernacle–faith–the Church itself?
[/quote]

High levels of eletrical magnetic radiation would cause items which run on eletricity [sp] to go haywire – a high intensity gamma burst from a nearby star or even our sun aimed directly at the earth could cause such a thing.

Here is a link to a picture of Blessed Anna-Maria Taigia

valoramedia.com/anna.html

[quote=Sir Knight]I try to keep my soul ready with weekly confessions, the Eucharist, daily prayer, etc. I’m have food, flashlight, batteries, guns & ammo stocked up

What I don’t have is enought blessed candles to last me a few days in total darkness and enough holy water to bless every door and every window and every wall.
[/quote]

Add water to your existing holy water and don’t worry about having enough blessed candles…I think just one will be plenty.

well there is deliberation about this propechy which no person is bound by faith to believe, but this deliberation here on this forum is a micro image of the larger deliberations that occur and people placing no stock in such things and therefore it would truly be a surprise if it did come true and there is the irony if Jesus did come and this propechy did come true just as Noah warned the people and they ignored him.

Sorry. But this lady died in the 1830s did it say? How do you know it hasn’t happened already? How do you know it hasn’t been somehow put off by God?

Yes, everybody should have extra supplies in their house. But to sit around worrying about such a thing- I agree with JMJ Theresa and YinYangMom.

Some things I’m wondering about:

Does where one lives on the earth an indication on whether they will live or die? Will everyone be equally affected or saved regarless of location? I live in an apartment, and if I take these precautions, does this ensure my safety?

I’m still wondering about the ‘three days’. Literally three days or three meausres of a time frame? God the Father only knows the time when time will end. So why would he say these things when God can’t contradict himself?

Since the Final Days of the Three days is the Last Day, does it matter whether we live or not since our bodies would be raised anyway, or does when Jesus says that ’ those who prevail to the end will be saved." Saved spiritualy to the end of our life on earth or till the Last Day or either/or?

There are a lot of general statements mentioned that seem vague like the way horoscopes are worded.

I’m just trying to figure these things out… :confused:

[quote=OutinChgoburbs]Sorry. But this lady died in the 1830s did it say? How do you know it hasn’t happened already? How do you know it hasn’t been somehow put off by God?
[/quote]

Three days of total darkness covering the entire earth is something that I think would have been recorded in the history books if it happened and I don’t recall reading about it. Also, the fact that she accurately foretold of two World Wars which happened a hundred years after her death makes her other propechy somthing that shouldn’t be taken lightly.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.