Ariz. bans late-term abortions as health risk to women

From EWTN News:
Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer has signed into law a bill that bans most abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy, saying it protects women and the unborn.

“This legislation is consistent with my strong track record of supporting common sense measures to protect the health of women and safeguard our most vulnerable population – the unborn,” Gov. Brewer said April 12.

“Knowing that abortions become riskier the later they are performed in pregnancy,” she said, “it only makes sense to prohibit these procedures past twenty weeks.”
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

And a health risk for babies, also called foetus.

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

God bless Arizona. :slight_smile:

I hate to make our Brothers and Sisters across the pond sound predictable, but where is the pro-abortion outcry about how this Law is ‘unconstitutional’, ‘violates women’s’ right to choose’ and that they will ‘fight this in the courts’?

Other then that, Brilliant at least there is one Politician that has some sense :smiley:

Predictable? No! :stuck_out_tongue:
Speaking of which, here is the Daily Beast giving the “pro-choice” party line:

Despite its name, critics derided the Women’s Health and Safety Act that Arizona Governor Jan Brewer signed into law today as cruel, dangerous, and hostile to women—likely to deter many Arizona women from seeking an abortion, and to distress those who nonetheless go through with one.
. . . .

The law’s tenets will take effect within 90 days. North Dakota and Oklahoma courts are litigating challenges to similar laws in those states limiting medication abortion.

That’s just the first and last lines of the article, you can fill in the rest.

More from the Daily Beast

The law “disregards women’s health in a way I’ve never seen before,” said Center for Reproductive Rights’ state advocacy counsel, Jordan Goldberg.

Given that they utilize ‘women’s health’ as a code word for abortion, this is a good thing.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.