Arizona pastor predicts ‘AIDS-free Christmas’ if all gays are killed, as God commands

rawstory.com/rs/2014/12/arizona-pastor-predicts-aids-free-christmas-if-all-gays-are-killed-as-god-commands/

I didn’t watch the videos, I just read the article. He sounds like a nut job. It’s also crazy that people attend this church, so they have to agree with him. Sad, sad, sad.

Now I remember this pastor because of what he said about our president a few years back. I wonder how many people attend his church and how they can sit there and listen to him.

I guess they agree with him. :frowning:

Shame on him.:mad:

For, as it is written, “The name of God is blasphemed among the nations because of you.” - Romans 2:24

I’m confused. The bible is allegedly the inspired word of god. This Christian pastor is simply relating what he believes the author received from god. In Leviticus 20 it certainly does say " If a man male as with a woman, both of them shall be put to death for abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." It is also written in the same chapter that " If a man commits adultery with his neighbor’s wife both the adulterer and adulteress shall be put to death." This is in 20:10. In 20:27 “A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortune-teller shall be put to death by stoning: they have no one but themselves to blame for their death.”
So is the bible the inspired word of god or was it written by men that had their own agenda? Should gays be killed? Should mediums be stoned? I don’t believe so. And reading that chapter doesn’t really entice me to go home. Quite happy where I’m at on my spiritual journey. Blessings to all.

All of the Old Testament must be read through the prism of Christ and the New Testament.

But Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. Early in the morning he came again to the temple; all the people came to him, and he sat down and taught them. The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in adultery, and placing her in the midst they said to him, “Teacher, this woman has been caught in the act of adultery. Now in the law Moses commanded us to stone such. What do you say about her?” This they said to test him, that they might have some charge to bring against him. Jesus bent down and wrote with his finger on the ground. And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.” And once more he bent down and wrote with his finger on the ground. But when they heard it, they went away, one by one, beginning with the eldest, and Jesus was left alone with the woman standing before him. Jesus looked up and said to her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?” She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, “Neither do I condemn you; go, and do not sin again.”

I would say this pastor needs to show a little more fear of God.

Homos have the most powerful lobbies and pressure groups in the world. When they can get Ceos fired, stars banned, funding to countries reversed, there is no need to feel sorry for them because of one insignificant paster. There is a lot of real hate affecting people’s lives coming from homosexual extremists with far more influence then this guy.

So much for treating others like you wanted to be treated and loving your neighbor as yourself. :rolleyes:
I feel sorry for anyone that someone wants to murder. It is wrong and people should be outraged by it.

:doh2: :dts: :nope:

This is not what we need to be hearing.

Christians follow the New Testament.

Thank you seraphim for reminding me of the writing in the sand. That certainly seems more inspired by god and inspiring as well. With all the scripture that was not put into the bible for whatever reason the folks that authorized the bible probably still considered Leviticus inspired or that would have been omitted as well. I’m sure not all of Jewish scripture made it to the Christian bible(though I’m not certain as I’m no theologian). Homophobes, hate mongers, and holier than thous will certainly pick up on the worst and those of us that aren’t very learned will tend to believe. So thank you for giving a different perspective a more Christian perspective if you will. Blessings and stay safe.

It’s my understanding that readings from the old and new testaments are read at a catholic mass. I could be wrong as I only watch the daily mass once every couple of weeks on ewtn. I’ve watched some televangelists and it seems they often quote from the old testament so it seems Christians do follow old and new.

Many of the practices of the Old Testament are no longer followed, such as the sacrifice of animals.

These passages may be read at Mass, but that does not mean they are practiced.

I’d refrain from using the word "homos’. It’s too deragatory.

Interestingly enough, a lot of GLBTQ persons are actually reasonable people—not all, but some.

The real driving force you are getting at is perpetrated by PC straights who run around trying to look good and get pats on the back by minorities for being “tolerant” in their minds at least.

Super,
I see where you’re coming from with this clarification between reading and practicing. Thank you and be well.

Wow. Pray for this pastor. He will be held accountable for leading sheep to their doom and anything blatantly as evil as this. :frowning:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.