"Ark"

Jesus clearly informed us that the Temple was a symbol for His Incarnation: “Destroy this Temple and in three days I will raise it up.”

I believe that the Ark of the Covenant is also a symbol for our heart and collectively the People of God.

The Ten Words, the manna and Aaron’s rod were in the Ark.

He places His Ten Words and much more in our hearts with His Word.

Also, the Ark of Noah is a different word that the Ark of the Covenant.

However, I believe, but it could easily change if I am incorrect, that Noah really existed and that it is a symbol for his heart. The animals are to symbolize that Noah was filled with God’s love and that love controlled all of the other things in Noah’s life.

He had the sheep, goats, birds, fish, and snake under control of the God’s love.

Humans are said to be sheep, goats, fish, and the devil is a snake or even a dragon.

Oh, birds are used by Jesus Himself as symbols for the devils.

Its also easy to see the Ark of Noah as a pre figuring of the Church; in the sense that nobody outside the Ark was saved, just as it is from the Church’s head that salvation comes-nobody can be saved but through Jesus.
There is so much typology in the Old Testament that make us realize the wonder of God’s mysterious plan of salvation.
www.divinemercypopes.com

rickielambert

Yes!!!

I believe this exact concept is in 1 Peter… I could be wrong. :slight_smile:

Richard Feynman

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.