Armed anti-Muslim protesters stage ‘strange’ protest outside mosque

This past weekend, about a dozen members of a group calling itself the Bureau of American Islamic Relations protested in front of the Islamic Center of Irving, a local mosque. They had guns. They had a flag. They had a Ted Cruz sign and one that read “Stop the Islamization of America.”

“It’s a boiling pot,” one man who declined to give his name to Fox 4 news said. “The kettle…the top on this kettle is on really really tight and it is going to blow.”

The kettle, however, did not.

“Two men on the sidewalk mocked the song [of Arabic music blasting from a car that had just left the mosque], distorting foreign lyrics into gibberish as the car sped away,” Avi Selk of the Dallas Morning News wrote of the protest. “Then they huddled in the cold around their cigarettes, guns and flags, waiting for another passer-by to pay attention. It was a strange protest, held at a strange time in a suburb strangely relevant to America’s brand of anti-Islamic politics.”

washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/11/23/armed-anti-muslim-protesters-stage-strange-protest-outside-mosque-in-clock-kids-hometown/

This is not the way to handle the situation …

All this does is radicalizes American born Muslim children, teens, and young adults.

:thumbsup: Completely agree.

It’s not all the Muslims and I see far more secularization of America than I do Islam.

:thumbsup:

I’m glad that in both my own home country and my wife’s doing that in front of a mosque or Church would see you arrested.

Glad that in the US you’re free to express your opinion, regardless of how distasteful it may be.

To quote Hank Hill: “You can have all the free expression you want, within the law.”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.