Armed standoff on Rio Grande

Maybe it is time we called in the army:

**Armed standoff
on Rio Grande
**Uniformed Mexicans with guns, bulldozer seize drug-bust truck from Border Patrol
Posted: November 20, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern
© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

U.S. Border Patrol agents were backed down this week by armed men, dressed in what appeared to be Mexican military uniforms and carrying military weapons, who seized a captured dump truck filled with marijuana from the U.S. agents and dragged it across the border into Mexico with a bulldozer.

Full Story

PF

Why don’t we let the local sheriffs enforce the law with the formidable means at their disposal? That would be an effective start. The diplomats could then work on finding some legitimate authority in Mexico to get control over the mayhem there.

Hannity had a Texas representative as a guest on his radio show last Thursday or Friday and this incident was mentioned, along with several other horror stories, such as an overt terrorist training camp being operated within a few miles of the border.

I voted for Bush, but have to say that he has been a total failure at enforcing our immigration law. In my opinion, we have to do something to shut down both borders before it’s too late, if it isn’t already. Yesterday, Fox TV had someone on who said that terrorists were entering Mexico, learning Spanish, then entering the US under aliases as legal immigrants. How many are already in the US and when and how will they strike?

This situation is truly scary.

[quote=geezerbob]Hannity had a Texas representative as a guest on his radio show last Thursday or Friday and this incident was mentioned, along with several other horror stories, such as an overt terrorist training camp being operated within a few miles of the border.

I voted for Bush, but have to say that he has been a total failure at enforcing our immigration law. In my opinion, we have to do something to shut down both borders before it’s too late, if it isn’t already. Yesterday, Fox TV had someone on who said that terrorists were entering Mexico, learning Spanish, then entering the US under aliases as legal immigrants. How many are already in the US and when and how will they strike?

This situation is truly scary.
[/quote]

No, you must be mistaken. There is no border problem, because neither political party has recognized any problem. All these people coming accross are just poor people looking for jobs, and a better way of life. That’s what we have been told by the MSM, and on this forum, also. So don’t worry, we’re in good hands.

[quote=davy39]No, you must be mistaken. There is no border problem, because neither political party has recognized any problem. All these people coming accross are just poor people looking for jobs, and a better way of life. That’s what we have been told by the MSM, and on this forum, also. So don’t worry, we’re in good hands.
[/quote]

:rotfl:

Recently, I was at an industrial trade show for electronic systems and just happened to bump into a member of the state legislature for one of the southern border states. They are EXTREMELY concerned, at the state level, about the national as well as about the state security issues. And it sounded like the local states are going to take action if the Feds don’t.

In this particular chance meeting, he was looking for ideas about what was available in electronic surveillance technology off-the-shelf and quickly implementable.

Yup, they should have called in military to blow them up.

[quote=geezerbob]Hannity had a Texas representative as a guest on his radio show last Thursday or Friday and this incident was mentioned, along with several other horror stories, such as an overt terrorist training camp being operated within a few miles of the border.

[/quote]

I heard the same Rep. I kept thinking that with all the training missions out of places like Randolph AFB, why not provide air support to the Sheriffs?

Why didn’t the border patrol open fire?

Note to President Bush:

Call China, see if we can borrow the Great Wall. :thumbsup:

I mean, c’mon, they haven’t had to deal with Mongol Hordes for quite some time now…maybe we could use it on our southern border…

[quote=Isidore_AK]Note to President Bush:

Call China, see if we can borrow the Great Wall. :thumbsup:

I mean, c’mon, they haven’t had to deal with Mongol Hordes for quite some time now…maybe we could use it on our southern border…
[/quote]

And these “Mongol Hordes” are also Catholic. Makes one think that the decent white Protestant Christian folks of the 1850s had it right. The “hordes” are taking over.

vdare.com/pb/anation_review_10.htm

answers.com/topic/know-nothing-movement

These Catholics are brown, they breed, they’re here. Armed response, anyone?

"Organized by Mark Edwards, a local talk radio host and his “Wake Up America Foundation,” a new anti-immigrant group, and promoted by Team America, an anti-immigration PAC founded by Colorado Congressman Tom Tancredo, the Las Vegas rally was held as a follow-up on the perceived success of the so-called “Minuteman Project,” which organized vigilante patrols of the U.S.-Arizona border in April. The project attracted a number of white supremacists. At the rally, Minuteman Project co-founder Jim Gilchrist claimed his group wasn’t racist, but referred to immigrants as the “Mexican Klan” and “Mexican Nazis”’

adl.org/PresRele/Extremism_72/4731_72.htm

[quote=MikeinSD]And these “Mongol Hordes” are also Catholic.
[/quote]

[quote=Article under Discussion (with emphasis added)]U.S. Border Patrol agents were backed down this week by armed men, dressed in what appeared to be Mexican military uniforms and carrying military weapons, who seized a captured dump truck filled with marijuana from the U.S. agents and dragged it across the border into Mexico with a bulldozer.
[/quote]

Perhaps these Catholics – who were undoubtedly members of the Knights of Columbus – needed the truckload of marijuana for an Advent season silent auction fundraiser.

– Mark L. Chance.

Military from another country on US soil firing on US citizens is DEFINED as an act of war. Why isn’t this all over the news?

[quote=Sir Knight]Military from another country on US soil firing on US citizens is DEFINED as an act of war. Why isn’t this all over the news?
[/quote]

From what I read, no shots were fired. The identity of the armed “troops” on the Mexican side was not confirmed, only that they were wearing Mexican military uniforms. It is not known if they were members of the Mexican military or were employees of the drug lords or both. They did not cross the border into the US. The truck involved was abandoned by the driver in the Rio Grande river near the US side. A bulldozer operator towed the truck back to Mexico while the “troops” held the outgunned border patrol agents at bay.

To add insult to injury, Fox News reports today that some of our border patrol are wearing uniforms with “Made in Mexico” labels. foxnews.com/story/0,2933,176821,00.html

[quote=Sir Knight]Military from another country on US soil firing on US citizens is DEFINED as an act of war. Why isn’t this all over the news?
[/quote]

becasue an act of war MUST be DIRECTLY conducted by a LEGITIMATE authority of a country. a few renegades crossing a border and stealing doesnt make the Mexican government the enemy.

9/11 was executed by many Saudi nationals, but they had no IMPERATIVE from the Saudi government, hence they were acting on their own. no act of war.

from the article:
“The Zetas were trained as elite commandos by U.S. forces to combat the drug cartels, but they have switched sides and are working for the drug smugglers in the border area posing a special hazard to American law enforcement and Border Patrol agents, according to a U.S. Justice Department memo.”

is there anyone we trained that HASNT turned on us yet? if the Zetas were trained by US Army Special Forces, or Navy SEALS, then they have ALOT more skills than border patrol agents and State Troopers. I think law enforcement recognized this possibility and just let the pot go instead of going head to head with fully trained paramilitary soldiers.

[quote=MikeinSD]And these “Mongol Hordes” are also Catholic. Makes one think that the decent white Protestant Christian folks of the 1850s had it right. The “hordes” are taking over.

vdare.com/pb/anation_review_10.htm

answers.com/topic/know-nothing-movement

These Catholics are brown, they breed, they’re here. Armed response, anyone?

"Organized by Mark Edwards, a local talk radio host and his “Wake Up America Foundation,” a new anti-immigrant group, and promoted by Team America, an anti-immigration PAC founded by Colorado Congressman Tom Tancredo, the Las Vegas rally was held as a follow-up on the perceived success of the so-called “Minuteman Project,” which organized vigilante patrols of the U.S.-Arizona border in April. The project attracted a number of white supremacists. At the rally, Minuteman Project co-founder Jim Gilchrist claimed his group wasn’t racist, but referred to immigrants as the “Mexican Klan” and “Mexican Nazis”’

adl.org/PresRele/Extremism_72/4731_72.htm
[/quote]

There’s nothing wrong with wanting to control our own borders. Nothing at all. I’m not against legal immigration. Although I do think we should have a quota system put in place.

They just said on a Ind. radio station, (WOWO-Ft.Wayne) that there at least 300,000 ILLEGAL aliens, just in the state of Indiana. That number was reported by the bureau of census of Indiana. This is crazy!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.