Armenia 'genocide' row: Turkey recalls envoy to Germany after vote

bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36439092

Obama promised that if he were elected president he would recognize the Armenian genocide. So naturally, people voted for him under the assumption that he was an honest man. And of course, it was a lie.

What are the odds Clinton will be the same?

“Read my lips, no new taxes!”

• George HW Bush

Good luck finding a politician who keeps his or her word at all times.

This is ironic because Germany and the Ottoman Empire were allies in World War I.

The difference is that voters rejected Bush.
People who vote for Obama are as indifferent to the truth as he so obviously is.

Should I pick a two term president who didn’t keep his word? Seriously, pick anyone…that’s politics.

However Germany acknowledges the evils in its past whereas Turkey steadfastly refuses to grapple with the Armenian Genocide. Even here we have had posters in the past argue the Christians, “Went on holiday or emigrated en masse” or “Some light punishments occurred due to the mischief making of the Armenian Christians”. I assure you such outlooks are common regarding these events in Turkey.

He was a one term president.
He paid for not keeping that promise. This kind of promise was central to his winning his second term.

Obama not only sold the people on a false set of goods with his signature piece of legislation, Obamacare, but his chief architect actually laughed at the stupidity of the electorate for falling for the lies.

It made not difference when it came to his second term.

The difference is that voters rejected Bush.
People who vote for Obama are as indifferent to the truth as he so obviously is.

I’d lay a fair share of the blame for that on John McCain and especially his choice of running mate. That last sentence is a pretty unfair, sweeping judgement.

I think you are getting your Bushes mixed up.
John Mccain doesn’t even figure into GBI1’s loss. That was before Bill Clinton’s presidency.

I don’t think the point is unfair at all about Obama and his supporters.
there was no price for him to pay, even as the architect of his health care program laughed at the voters stupid enough to go for the lies.

From Benghazi to Obamacare, there was no price to pay for lying to the Democratic electorate.

Truth is just not a primary value for the left.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.