Army promotes first woman to four star rank

[/FONT]Army promotes first woman to four star rank…

Highest rank in the Army

I find this saddening. Women have been masculinated enough these days because of things like feminism and modernism. By god given nature and law, women are to be humble, quiet, meek, proper, submissive and not try to emit authority over their husbands or others. These types of jobs go against everything in a womans God given maternal instinct and nature and suppresses them unnaturally.

Oh, spare me. I take it you are not Catholic.

Wow, where did you get such ideas? This sounds more Islamic than Christian.

Perhaps some “Christians” should read the bible to see where that came from …

… I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence …

[LEFT] … 1 Timothy 2:12.[/LEFT]

I believe Paul was referring to behavior in church, and not in the society at large.

This is a joke, right?

Agreed however it seems in his profile it does say he is Catholic. :frowning: But yeah I rolled my eyes at that comment of his too.

Congratulations to that Woman!

Might be but I don’t believe it actually says that.

Good for her.:thumbsup:

Over my military career I’ve worked beside many female soldiers and most were professional and outstanding soldiers.

I will say that a lot of my female sergeants did not want other females on their teams they would rather lead males.

These were signal teams going down to brigade level and they were spread all across the battlefield; females will see combat in combat support jobs.

A lot of Americans think that women joining our military will not see combat they are mistaken.

Yep, it has already happened in Iraq (I’m not sure about previous conflicts.)

Her job: responsible for equipping, outfitting and arming soldiers.

Question: Do they really need a four star General for that, man or women?

Oh this is great!
We have our first black president and our first 4 star rank woman in the army—can we now do away with affirmative action and all that other garbage?!:stuck_out_tongue:

I’m sure it involves more than just stopping at Cabelas buy stuff.

I’m sure it’s easy to have one general commanding the R&D of new equipment, and over see the logistics of getting existing equipment out, than have to rely on a commanding general overseeing a region to do it. Maybe, or maybe not the deserves a four-star rank, but I find it justifiable enough if it is existing.

Yep, that is one of the most important jobs in the military, has been since the revolutionary war. Mission: Provide superior technology, acquisition support and logistics to ensure dominant land force capability for Soldiers, the United State and our allies.

More info here:
army.mil/institution/organization/unitsandcommands/commandstructure/amc/

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.