Arnold Murray?

Does anyone know anything about him. I usually see his show on at 5:00 Am, and i've never heard much about him other than he teaches some really strange non biblical stuff (though the show is basically him reading from the bible). I'm just curious if anyone knows anything about him other than he's supposedly a pastor

I just did a google search and came up with this wiki page:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shepherd's_Chapel

There are some article links on him too. It appears, based on the wikipedia page, that he doesn't believe in the Trinity.

Seems like a pretty iffy character to me. :shrug:

I used to catch this show late at night. It was good to hear Biblical readings, but they had strange beliefs; from what I could glean when he explained them, they prefer to observe the Jewish holy days rather than Christian observances, so in that respect they are like Jews for Jesus…

I used to catch this show late at night. It was good to hear Biblical readings, but they had strange beliefs; from what I could glean when he explained them, they prefer to observe the Jewish holy days rather than Christian observances, so in that respect they are like Jews for Jesus...

Kinda like Messianic Jews?

[quote="ccmnxc, post:4, topic:294732"]
Kinda like Messianic Jews?

[/quote]

I think that's what I meant. There seems to be a distinction in that one group keeps only the Jewish feasts and the other celebrates Christian feasts as well, and I keep mixing them up. Anyway...

Arnold Murray - didn't he have a ballroom dance studio in London?:confused:

[quote="triumphguy, post:6, topic:294732"]
Arnold Murray - didn't he have a ballroom dance studio in London?:confused:

[/quote]

No, No, No, Youre thinking of Arthur Murray- the good Murray! lol
When I looked up Arnold Murray on the internet and read about him, I remembered an old PT Barnum saying: "Nobody ever went broke from under estimating the intelligence of the American people."
When you consider the scandals involving the major Evangelical and Pentacostal type TV
preachers over the past 20 years-and I don't mean just sexual scandal, but where it was shown that they made a business out of religion and were in it only for the money- How could anybody believe their nonsense?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.