Arrest Made in Mississippi Church Torched And Vandalized With Pro-Trump Slogan

wreg.com/2016/12/21/mississippi-authorities-make-arrest-in-burning-of-african-american-church-spray-painted-with-vote-trump/

I am glad they have made an arrest … the person arrested us a member of the congregation and an African American …

GREENVILLE, Miss. — Mississippi authorities have made an arrest in the burning of an African-American church spray-painted with the words, “Vote Trump.”

Mississippi Department of Public Safety spokesman Warren Strain says Andrew McClinton of Leland, Mississippi, who is African-American, is charged with first-degree arson of a place of worship.

McClinton was arrested Wednesday. Hopewell Missionary Baptist Church in Greenville, Mississippi, was burned and vandalized Nov. 1, a week before the presidential election.

:mad:

Where are all of the posters who condemned Trump. Trump supporters and all … they immediately blamed them …

:confused:

Apology time? … obviously not …

Many said there was no way this wasn’t a hate crime … well… it was a hateful crime and one whose intent was to smear a group of people and incite hate and discontent …

Just not a hate crime directed at the those they thought … the hate and crime was directed in the opposite direction

I didn’t see the why but are you saying he painted Vote Trump in order to discourage members and others from voting Trump???

Anybody else find the humor in the guys last name being McClinton?

Sadly, I suspected this was the case all along. But I didn’t expect it to be a member of the the church.

May God have mercy on his soul.

Agreed

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.