Art Linkletter, TV Host, Dies at 97

His popularity was a bit before my time, but I do recall how adults loved him… especially his book "Kids Say the Darndest Things, which culled his live interviews with children on one of his national TV programs. Example:

After one boy revealed that his father was a policeman who arrested lots of burglars, Mr. Linkletter asked if his mother ever worried about the risks. “Naw, she thinks it’s great,” he answered. “He brings home rings and bracelets and jewelry almost every week.”

nytimes.com/2010/05/27/arts/27linkletter.html?pagewanted=1&src=me

He was married to the same woman for 74 years (!), a difficult feat and even more so for celebrities. His daughter died in 1969 from a fall which perhaps was related to LSD, after which he became an anti-drug crusader.

I remember Art Linkletter and his TV shows. He was one of a kind.

[quote="Kassandra, post:2, topic:199743"]
I remember Art Linkletter and his TV shows. He was one of a kind.

[/quote]

It was a more innocent era of television than we have now. There have been gains in the past 40-50 years, but losses too.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.