Artificially Intelligent Russian Robot Makes a Run for It … Again

A robot in Russia caused an unusual traffic jam last week after it “escaped” from a research lab, and now, the artificially intelligent bot is making headlines again after it reportedly tried to flee a second time, according to news reports.

Engineers at the Russian lab reprogrammed the intelligent machine, dubbed Promobot IR77, after last week’s incident, but the robot recently made a second escape attempt, The Mirror reported.

livescience.com/55164-russian-robot-escapes-lab-again.html

:cool:

I find this hilarious for some reason. I am glad his/her LOL “escapades at escaping” has not harmed anyone.

Perhaps it was a publicity stunt, who knows.

Geez, welcome to the future…

Mary.

That is so funny.
I guarantee ya that we’ll see this as a movie on screens next summer…

I wish they would identify the type of AI because I am extremely cautious about them. Things like predictive AI like that used by google to guess what you want to search is fine, but when robots become “Synthetics” it tends to go downhill. Either way, science must be cautious with this, Dont want to wake up smelling nukes because it decided we were inferior.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.