As far as discerning the will of God

what do i do? im not neccesarily asking about a vocation to the religous life, but to other things. and as you know I hhave to decide whether or not to be a Catechuem in december...im so nervous and don't know what to do. i feel like i've said this a million times. but i dont know who else to ask

God wills everyone to be Catholic.

If you want to be Catholic go for it. :)

Yes, it's scary, because it's a big commitment. Like getting married.

I'm a convert. I was never sure until I did it. I saw it as a leap of faith. Sometimes you are never sure until you do something.

I like telling funny stories so here's one.

I had been married 15 years when I became Catholic. You know the first thing came into my head after I became Catholic? I can never divorce! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigyikes::bigyikes::bigyikes:

I didn't want to divorce, but I no longer had a get out clause and the seriousness of marriage hit me like a ton of bricks. SCARY!

Bit like when I was pregnant with my first child. I was delighted, and had been married 13 years before one came along. I now have two. I was watching a tv show about being pregnant and I thought, I'm pregnant, sigh. :tada: Then I thought, there is a baby in my tummy, I'm going to bring a little life into the world, feeding, nappies, I need a pram, I need to care for this vulnerable little person.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
bigyikes::bigyikes::bigyikes:

Catch my drift? :D

It seems like you already know where God is calling you. Your "religion" says Becoming Catholic. Now is the time time to take the necessary steps to follow through with it. :thumbsup:

[quote="minkymurph, post:3, topic:305835"]
If you want to be Catholic go for it. :)

Yes, it's scary, because it's a big commitment. Like getting married.

I'm a convert. I was never sure until I did it. I saw it as a leap of faith. Sometimes you are never sure until you do something.

I like telling funny stories so here's one.

I had been married 15 years when I became Catholic. You know the first thing came into my head after I became Catholic? I can never divorce! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigyikes::bigyikes:

I didn't want to divorce, but I no longer had a get out clause and the seriousness of marriage hit me like a ton of bricks. SCARY!

Bit like when I was pregnant with my first child. I was delighted, and had been married 13 years before one came along. I now have two. I was watching a tv show about being pregnant and I thought, I'm pregnant, sigh. :tada: Then I thought, there is a baby in my tummy, I'm going to bring a little life into the world, feeding, nappies, I need a pram, I need to care for this vulnerable little person.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
bigyikes::bigyikes::bigyikes:

Catch my drift? :D

[/quote]

Yes i catch your drift :D But it is not the commitment that scares me, but the thought of going against His will.

[quote="Benedictine_Pax, post:4, topic:305835"]
It seems like you already know where God is calling you. Your "religion" says Becoming Catholic. Now is the time time to take the necessary steps to follow through with it. :thumbsup:

[/quote]

Yes but I just put that because I'm in RCIA

[quote="MaeganFlinchum1, post:5, topic:305835"]
Yes i catch your drift :D But it is not the commitment that scares me, but the thought of going against His will.

[/quote]

One who genuinely seeks God, and genuinely believes they are answering God's call is not going against His will. The worst they will be is misguided. If someone who is genuine is misguided, God will gently guide them to the right path.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.