As Paul

when I’m in school and elsewhere I would like to talk about Jesus and evangelize as Paul in the Areopagus but I’m afraid to debate and not able to answer objections that put the Church. What I can do?

Just learn more about what the Church actually teaches. By far, most of the objections I encounter are from erroneous notions of what the Church actually teaches. The Catechism will give the Authentic Teachings and the Scriptural basis for them.
Another really great resource is the Essential Catholic Survival Guide. It gives answers, again with scriptural back up, of the most common challenges to the Catholic Faith.

May God richly bless you for your Faith and what you do on behalf of His Church.

Paul blew it when he tried to evangelize the Greeks at the Areopagus.

He had their interest but he took it too far, speaking about the resurrection of the dead. The Greeks laughed and walked away.

You have to meet people where they are and talk about what’s relevant to their life.

-Tim-

Study the material
Rehearse what you want to say
Preach it, brother
Reflect on what when well and what when badly
Repeat

:thumbsup:

You can’t preach what you don’t know. Learn your faith, then learn how to charitably evangelize (practicing on the forums has helped me tremendously).

In the meantime, don’t be afraid to share what you DO know, how ever much (or little) that might be. When you don’t have an answer, this answer works brilliantly: “I don’t know, but I will find out and get back to you.” :slight_smile:

+1 on meeting people where they are and reflecting on how well (or not) your conversations go.

thanks for your comments especially Randy. I like Randy discussion

:tiphat:

I don’t know how well you read English, but here are a few books that will be useful to you as you study apologetics:

RECOMMENDED READING LIST

Conversion Stories

Rome Sweet Home by Scott Hahn
Lead Kindly Light by Thomas Howard
**Surprised by Truth **by Patrick Madrid (contains 11 shorter conversion stories)
Crossing the Tiber by Stephen Ray

Beginning Apologetics

The One-Minute Apologist by Dave Armstrong
Cathollicism and Fundamentalism by Karl Keating (founder of Catholic Answers)
Catholicism for Dummies by Fr. John Trigilio and Fr. Brent Brighenti (silly title, excellent book)

Intermediate Apologetics

A Biblical Defense of Catholicism by Dave Armstrong
The Catholic Verses by Dave Armstrong
The Biblical Basis for the Catholic Faith by John Salza
The Biblical Basis for the Papacy by John Salza
The Biblical Basis for Purgatory by John Salza
The Biblical Basis for the Eucharist by John Salza
Upon This Rock by Stephen K. Ray

Advanced Apologetics

Not by Faith Alone by Robert Sungenis
Not by Scripture Alone by Robert Sungenis
Not by Bread Alone by Robert Sungenis

History
How the Catholic Church Built Western Civilization by Thomas E. Woods, Jr.

Theology

Theology for Beginners by Frank Sheed

Reference Books

The Holy Bible (Revised Standard Version – Catholic Edition)
Catechism of the Catholic Church (the print edition has a scripture index which is very useful)

thank you very much Randy. I am study English, I am beginner sorry:blush:

Your English is better than my Spanish!

:tiphat:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.