As You Wish: Little-Known Facts About The Princess Bride on Its 25th Anniversary

It is inconceivable to me that “The Princess Bride” was released 25 years ago! :smiley:

"As You Wish: Little-Known Facts About The Princess Bride on Its 25th Anniversary

It’s The Princess Bride’s 25th anniversary! But before you break out your favorite fire swamp and brute squad quotes, let’s take a moment to properly appreciate what is easily one of the greatest fantasy films of all time (and also one of the funniest). Then you can quote it. Or act out the entire Westley-Inigo duel. Or fight someone To The Pain. In fact, let’s just instate a yearly tradition where we all get together and recreate the whole movie on September 25. We’ll call it Project Dread Pirate Roberts."…

Blue excerpt from: tor.com/blogs/2012/09/as-you-wish-little-known-facts-about-the-princess-bride-on-its-25th-anniversary

Did a search and found this fun thread from when “The Princess Bride” turned 20. If you are a fan, it is a worthy read.

The Princess Bride Turns 20!
forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=169046

The book is also a worthy read.

I love, love, LOVE this movie!!! :slight_smile: Amazing. (And Wesley ain’t half bad…:thumbsup:)

Agreed. :smiley: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Oh goodness, this movie is one that I quote at least once a week. This, and Robin Hood: Men In Tights.

Sometimes, just to make my husband laugh, I’ll start chasing him around the house like old wife saying, “Humperdink! Humperdink, Humperdink, Humperdink!!”

Works every time.

I love “Monte Python and the Holy Grail”!!! :crutches: “tis a flesh wound!”

I really did not care for the princess bride.:frowning:

It’s ok, we’ll forgive you. :bigyikes::aok: :smiley:

It’sth been twenty yearssth?..Inconceivable!

Here some clips to that talk about parts left out in the article, which shows just how lovable Andre the Giant was

Andre the Giant: A Look Back

On the Cliffs of Insanity

BTW
“My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die.”
“Never get involved with a Sthcilian when death isth on the line!”
“Have fun stormin da castle.”

and of course my favorite…line…“Mhaaaauuurrridddge” :smiley:

Heh, when I was a kid, I tried to find the “real” book that this was based on. I read Goldman’s intro about the supposed source for his “abridged version”, and spent several years thinking there was some mysterious version of it out there I had yet to stumble across. It wasn’t until I was in my 20’s and re-read that intro that I realized the whole thing was tongue-in-cheek!

Oh My Goodness! I LOVE This movie!! Had it memorized when I was like 12.

"Vizzini, he can fuss.

Fuss, fuss… I think he’d like to scream at us.

Probably he means no harm.

He’s very, very short on charm.

Ah, you have a great gift for rhymes

Yes, Yes, some of the time.

-Enough of that!

Fezzek, are the rocks ahead?

If there are, we’ll all be dead!

-No more rhymes now. I mean it!

Anybody want a peanut?

GAAAAAAAH!!"

:D:D:D

Classic Classic Movie! And, best yet, no qustionable content. Just pop it in and the whole family can enjoy! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

God Bless :signofcross:

“My name is inidigo montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die,”

“Death can not stop true love; it can only delay it for awhile,”

“six fingered man”

I just watched most of the movie last night on AMC, from the part where Wesley and Fezzek fight on. It is an all time classic and favorite of mine, its the kind of movie you can watch any time and never tire of.

The single thing that always boggles my mind is that I NEVER remember who plays Miracle Max and as soon as I watch the credits it hits me that it is Billy Crystal. I mean every single time I’ve ever watched the movie I never remember who Miracle Max is, its kinda bizzare!

I can’t wait to have kids just so I can watch this movie with them, hopefully they’ll want to watch it over and over like I did when I was a kid. God I love this movie!!!

“Why don’t you give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on it?”

:rotfl:

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. :wink:

I do believe it’s time to break out that DVD again.

As you wish :wink:

You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is “never get involved in a land war in Asia” - but only slightly less well-known is this: “Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line”!

Hahahahahahaha…hahahahahaha…HA Hu HA! (Thud)

:smiley:

I love the movie! I don’t know how many times I’ve seen it, but it never gets old!

[/quote]

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Inconceivable.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.