Quote - “Ascension Day also known as the Feast of Ascension is one of the important Christian festivals celebrated in all over the world. This day marks the last appearance of Lord Jesus Christ to his followers after His resurrection at Easter.
Ascension Day falls on the Thursday, exactly 40 days after the Easter. The name ‘Ascension’ comes from the accounts in the Bible where it is mentioned that the Jesus was taken up into heaven – He ascended. On this day the Christians celebrate the kingship of the Jesus.
It is believed that during the 40 days following his resurrection, the Jesus appeared to many of his disciples and told them that He would always be with them and promised them the gift of the Holy Spirit. After saying this, the Jesus was taken up into heaven and took his seat at the right hand of God”. (1)
It is hard to put to words how the Soul of man is given an injection of immense awe, wonder, awareness, happiness and complete thankfulness when he connection of all of Gods Religions becomes an ever increasing and awe inspiring realization.
This year the celebration of Christ’s Ascension Day coincides with the anniversary of the Ascension of Baha’u’llah, they will both be celebrated on the 29th May 2014.
For 40 days after His Crucifixion Christ confirmed to His Disciples that He had Indeed Risen and that He would always be with them, but how does this relate to the Revelation of Baha’u’llah?
Without going in to the specifics, 40 Days in the Bible can also be seen as a symbolic 40 Years, as in Bible Prophesy Each day is accounted for as a year. Baha’u’llahs Revelation to Mankind lasted for 40 Years. For 40 years Baha’u’llah gave Revelation to Mankind to help them turn back to God and give them the Laws needed to live in Harmony in these days.
What is so awe Inspiring about this, well let’s look at the significance of the Number 40 in Gods Word
Of all the types and shadows of the Old Testament, none is as pervasive and important as the shadows revealed in the relationship between “forty,” and the fulfillment of promises. (2)
• The rains (in Noah’s day) fell for 40 days and nights (Genesis 7:4).
• Israel ate Manna for 40 years (Exodus 16:35).
• Moses was with God in the mount, 40 days and nights (Exodus 24:18).
• Moses was again with God 40 days and 40 nights (Exodus 34:28).
• Moses led Israel from Egypt at age 80 (2 times 40), and after 40 years in the wilderness, died at 120 (3 times 40; Deuteronomy 34:7).
• The spies searched the land of Canaan for 40 days (Numbers 13:25).
• Therefore, God made Israel wander for 40 years (Numbers 14:33-34).
• 40 stripes was the maximum whipping penalty (Deuteronomy 25:3).
• God allowed the land to rest for 40 years (Judges 3:11).
• God again allowed the land to rest for 40 years (Judges 5:31).
• God again allowed the land to rest for 40 years (Judges 8:28).
• Abdon (a judge in Israel) had 40 sons (Judges 12:14).
• Israel did evil; God gave them to an enemy for 40 years (Judges 13:1).
• Eli judged Israel for 40 years (1 Samuel 4:18).
• Goliath presented himself to Israel for 40 days (1 Samuel 17:16).
• Saul reigned for 40 years (Acts 13:21).
• Ishbosheth (Saul’s son) was 40 when he began reign (2 Samuel 2:10).
• David reigned over Israel for 40 years (2 Samuel 5:4, 1 Kings 2:11).
• The holy place of the temple was 40 cubits long (1 Kings 6:17).
• 40 baths (measurement) was size of lavers in Temple (1 Kings 7:38).
• The sockets of silver are in groups of 40 (Exodus 26:19 & 21).
• Solomon reigned same length as his father; 40 years (1 Kings 11:42).
• Elijah had one meal that gave him strength 40 days (1 Kings 19:8).
• Ezekiel bore the iniquity of the house of Judah for 40 days (Ezekiel 4:6).
• Jehoash (Joash) reigned 40 years in Jerusalem (2 Kings 12:1).
• Egypt to be laid desolate for 40 years (Ezekiel 29:11-12).
• Ezekiel’s (symbolic) temple is 40 cubits long (Ezekiel 41:2).
• The courts in Ezekiel’s temple were 40 cubits long (Ezra 46:22).
• God gave Nineveh 40 days to repent (Jonah 3:4).
• Jesus fasted 40 days and nights (Matthew 4:2).
• Jesus was tempted 40 days (Luke 4:2, Mark 1:13).
• Jesus remained on earth 40 days after resurrection (Acts 1:3).
• Women are pregnant for 40 weeks (time of testing).
(See next post for Islam and 40 Years)
What can one add to this observation, how could one reject such happenings as not of God?
Dear Peoples of the World of all Religions, let go of the thoughts of Exclusivity of Religion, Look at Gods Word in all Religion and look for the Connection, not the division. Oh that we could unite as One Human Race under the One and Only God and in His Love, acknowledging the Source of All True Religion.
What is stopping us!
God Bless and Regards Tony