Ash Wednesday question

OK, this is an embarrassing question, but here goes. I've just been contacted by my parish administrator asking me if I could help distribute ashes at this evenings service, as they are expecting a large crowd. I'm glad to help, but it just occurred to me that I don't know what to say! HELP! :o:blush:

Remember you are dust and to dust you shall return.

But, remember too, that you could simply ask your parish administrator when you got there.

OK, will do if I can find her.

You should ask. Some parishes use "Repent and believe the gospel." or similar language instead of "remember..."

[quote="CuriousInIL, post:4, topic:314857"]
You should ask. Some parishes use "Repent and believe the gospel." or similar language instead of "remember..."

[/quote]

Indeed, my parish priest (as well as the others that distributed the ashes today) said, "Repent and hear the good news."

It would be best to ask. God bless.

[quote="CuriousInIL, post:4, topic:314857"]

[/quote]

Mine said that today. Repent and believe the gospel. But either last year or two years ago it was the "from ashes and ashes you shall return."

Our parish did “Repent and believe in the Gospel.”

Usually I have heard the “dust” version, tho.

“Meménto, homo, quia pulvis es, et in púlverem revertéris.” :wink:

closed #9

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.