Ash Wednesday

If I am awaiting convalidation from the Church for my marriage, can I still receive ashes??? It has been hard enough to not receive communion, I would still like to participate in everything else this Lent.

Amanda

Yes, Amy ,you may. Non Catholics have been permitted to recieve ashes as well.

Yup. Just as you can have a blessed rosary or any sacramental you can receive the ashes. In fact, the wearing of the ashes reminds us of our sinfulness and will help you to move towards your convalidation in a positive direction towards Christ. (and His Real Presence in the Eucharist)…teachccd

Amanda,

Is is fine for you to receive ashes (or any sacramental, for that matter).

God love you.

*“Turn away from sin and be faithful to the Gospel.”

“Memento, homo … quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris” - “Remember, man, you are dust and to dust you will return.”(Genesis 3:19). ***

Congratulations on working on your convalidation of your marriage! :thumbsup: I have a friend that is trying to talk her dh into doing this. I think it is great that you respect Christ and the Church enough to wait on communion as you should. You can definately recieve ashes. I know of some friends who are converting who are getting ashes, but can’t recieve communion until Easter Vigil.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.