Ashamed but praying to not be pregnant

To make a long story short, I’m thinking I could be pregnant-- only a couple weeks. I am ashamed to admit I’ve been praying to not be. Even hoping for a very early miscarriage. I feel like a monster.

We already have children, I just had a promotion, big (costly) plans and… And a huge miscalculation on my part with NFP. Any prayers to delay more kids until my career is more stable are appreciated. DH is ready now, I’m not. Not that I have a choice.

I’ve been a member of CAF since 2007 but can’t log into my acct. God bless you all, your kind words and prayers and advice over the years have meant so much!

Praying for you.

You should be proud to admit it. Being proud of praying for it is another question entirely.

Are you looking ahead to the future and praying for no future conception? Because otherwise I do not understand. Why should others pray for something that you are ashamed of praying for?

I pray for what is truly best for you, but I know that I do not have the wisdom to know what that is.

Let God’s Will be done . Jesus, in you I trust.

Thank you. I have been obsessing the past few weeks. I think it would be disastrous to my career and to our finances. I’m open to the idea… Just later, after I’ve been in my new position a while and another of my kids is in school to ease the financial burden of daycare. The baby would be loved of course but right now I am lost and terrified and just want to set the clock back a few weeks! :-(. I’ve been up all night for weeks fretting, praying, trying to will AF to come.

May God bless you and your family with the graces needed to handle whatever comes next.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee
Blessed are thou among women
And blessed is the fruit of they womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of thy death.

Amen.

The hardest line to pray in the Our Father is “thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven”

I say this from my own experiences. I pray for your piece of mind. You are obsessing over the future that is only imagination not fact. Pray for the realization that God is in control, and he will care for you

Prayers for you.

Memorare
REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Praying for God’s will in your situation. He will give you all the graces you need in case you do turn out to be expecting a child. Trust me, I had a colorful talk with Him over the conception of our fifth one! :stuck_out_tongue: And He has blessed us abundantly. He will do the same for you. God bless.

Praying for you.

Try to be at peace. There is no way to guarantee that God’s will for us will be easy.

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen.

:crossrc:***

:signofcross: Heavenly Father, we pray for Farmerswife; pour your Holy Spirit over her; let her know of Your deep and perfect love for her; reveal your Sacred Heart of Jesus to her and bless her with peace in this situation.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Praying for you.

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Thank you again all, I am so desperate for this to be a false alarm that I am sick over it. My last hope is that I am late due to stressing myself 24/7 about it. Scared to death to take a test!

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. (‭John‬ ‭14‬:‭27‬)

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (‭Philippians‬ ‭4‬:‭7‬ )

:signofcross: May God’s will be done in your life and may He give you that perfect peace

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.