"ASK FATHER: Can I smoke marijuana?" --an article facing this issue

http://wdtprs.com/blog/2015/02/ask-father-can-i-smoke-marijuana/

“Smoking marijuana dulls the senses. Even the most devoted fan will admit that. In fact, that’s why many people smoke it. It can seem to heighten some senses, but for the most part it leads to impaired motor skills, decreased memory, impaired concentration, and the inhibition of moral constraints.”

So…?

A dubious article…

“Smoking marijuana has been condemned on two principles: 1) the fact that it is illegal and 2) that it dulls the senses.”

Number one, it is now legal in several states…looks like Illinois will be next…Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Colorado, and of course DC…

Number two, alcohol does the same thing and it is normal around here in German Catholic country…grew up going to Church bierstube’s. Some of the large rural Catholic towns still have yearly huge week long ones…Jasper, Tell City, Haubstadt, St. Wendel, ect…

Fact is, it is helpful to many people with legitimate medical issues and is both legal (in some states) and is enjoyed recreationally the same as alcohol…

Like anything else if it is legal where you are at and used responsibly I really have no problem with it.

When I was a Paramedic I would MUCH rather deal with someone who smoked some pot vs. a sloppy drunk…any day…

I started taking CBD oil recently and it has given me a lot of relief (yes it is legal here and no it does not contain the THC as pot has)

YMMV

M

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.