Ask not what God can do for you, but what you can do for God

Well my fiance and I are at 49 days before our wedding, and we have been doing a lot of talking and praying. We have become closer than ever before and it is amazing. In the past we had said we wanted to wait 5 to 6 years before having children, and now that we have really thought and prayed about it we really want children much sooner. We want to wait until about the end of next year, just to make sure I am stable in my position at work (our company has been going through some tough financial times right now, and we want to make sure that I don’t get laid off in the mean time). It was really eye opening, we talked about children and I was actually getting excited about being a father, I actually was thinking forward to hold my child the first time. Going to Pre Cana and then NFP classes and actually praying and talking about it has made both of us realize that we aren’t just open to having kids, we want them badly.

Xander

:slight_smile: Glad to hear of your relationship blossoming and growing so much closer. God’s grace really must be on you and your fiance!

I have had a similar conversion in that when discussing the idea of children with my bf…I’ve realized that in the time we’ve been dating (2 years) I have become so much more open to when children come :slight_smile: Things will workout somehow, and I have also imagined holding them and what a special, incredible moment that will be. My bf and I plan to be married in a year and a half (I’m waiting for him to pop the question :wink: lol…which should probably be within the next several months).:love:

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! It is wonderful to hear how your relationship grew even more during this time of preparation! God Bless!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.