Ask questions for conscious sake

I am reading a book title "wee blind mice."
I now look at every thing I was taught as a Christian with a question mark.
I know that truth will always win in the end.
Have we been deceived by the enemy?
You may want to check it out for yourself.

www.weeblindmice.com

Be warned it is not a book you can walk away from if you are searching for truth.

Ever point made in this book so far, that I check out is right on target.

Hoping to learn the Scriptures and be found fit for the Kingdom that is on its way.

BB

About 90 seconds into this I can’t bear it anymore.

Why do most modern translations of the Bible refer to the Creator as GOD or * LORD*, neither of which are names, but titles? Does the Creator have a name that can be verified? If so, why don’t we use it? After all, we are all familiar with II Chronicles 7:14, which says: “If My people, who are called by My Name…” How can we be called by *His Name *if we don’t know or use His Name? For that matter, how can we be baptized in the “Name of The Father” without using His Name? Yet, I’ve never seen anyone turn and ask before being immersed, “Okay, what’s His Name?” when the preacher says, I baptize you in the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.” Aren’t they paying attention to what’s being said? Is His name a secret we’re not supposed to know? If so, why?

He says quite clearly “I Am” is His name. Since He is the only God, then God is perfectly acceptable it is not a title it is who He is.

W

[size=2]hat about His Son? Is His name really Jesus? He was a Hebrew, and since there is no letter “J” in the Hebrew alphabet, what was His Hebrew name? Where did the name Jesus come from, and how did it come to be used in our Bible?
[/size]

Very good, it’s Yeshua. Just like Jose is Joseph in English.

Yes, based on this alone, I will now discount Scripture.

You have to actually look for the answers and not take this author’s word for anything.

God Bless

Ok I made a mistake a read a bit more.

Was the Messiah really a man or was He born through an “Immaculate Conception” as the church teaches, with Mary remaining a virgin after his birth? After all, the Catholic Church still refers to her as “The Virgin Mary.”

The Church teaches Mary was Immaculately Concieved, not Jesus.

newadvent.org/cathen/07674d.htm

Thanks Monkey

But can you tell me who the “god” (elohim) 0f this world is, 2 Cor.4:4?
I know there are no capital letters in the Greek ,so could Paul be telling us that Satan is the God of this world?

If so, is that who you want answering your prayers?

Remember what Rev.12:9 states Satan has deceived the whole world.

And if you are deceived you don’t know it!

Just a few thoughts.

BB

I’ll have to be honest, and I mean all due respect, but what I read at the link was … to put it bluntly … laughable.

The author doesn’t even understand most of what he criticizes.

For instance, he writes,** “**Was the Messiah really a man or was He born through an “Immaculate Conception” as the church teaches, with Mary remaining a virgin after his birth?”

The “Immaculate Conception” doesn’t refer to the virgin birth. It refers to the birth of Mary without original sin. Shouldn’t the author know the teachings before he criticizes them?

He continues: “Why does the church say the Creator is three beings (a Trinity)? When in the scriptures He says He is one?”

We don’t say he is three “beings”. We say he is one nature, but three persons. He may disagree with this theology, but he apparently doesn’t understand it well enough to express it.

He writes: "Haven’t we always been told that when someone dies, they immediately go either to heaven or to hell? And that our dear old mom and dad are up in heaven with “Jesus,” right now? Then why did the Messiah say in John 3:13:[size=2]“…no man has ever ascended into heaven…” but the Messiah himself? "[/size]

[size=2]No, [/size]we haven’t “always been told that when someone dies, they immediately go either to heaven or to hell”. We don’t teach that as Catholics. In addition, nobody but Christ has “ascended” into heaven. For any of us who make it there, we are “brought” to Heaven. Only Christ can “ascend” of his own power.

He writes, “Is it true that the Catholic Church was authorized by The Creator to “run” religion in these modern times, after the last Apostles were killed? Who gave them that authority, and where does it say that in the Bible?”

The answer: Jesus gave that authority. It’s in Matthew 16 (with Isaiah 22:22), Matthew 18, John 20. The list goes on and on.

The rest of his introduction is filled with similar misunderstandings, ridiculous logical fallacies *such as the fact that Christianity must be wrong because the Pope’s hat isn’t mentioned in Scripture), and just plain strange misrepresentations. In addition, the author tries to present “true” Christianity based on a Bible-only mentality. So, in the end, he’s just one of the thousands of “I’ll-do-it-my-way” Christians out there.

Perhaps, Billy, you should take what you believe is the strongest argument put forth by this book and present it. We’ll discuss then, and that way we don’t have to wade through the rest of the nonsense. Please don’t think we’re simply dismissing it - the logic and understanding is really flawed. We’re happy to discuss any issue you feel the author has validly presented. However, if you really believe that “every point made in this book so far, that I check out is right on target”, I have to wonder how much you, yourself, have studied Scripture or the teachings of our faith.

God bless,
Spencer

Thank you for your kind answer Spencer.

I’m still reading…:slight_smile:

BB

[quote=BillyBayou613]Thanks Monkey
But can you tell me who the “god” (elohim) 0f this world is, 2 Cor.4:4?
I know there are no capital letters in the Greek ,so could Paul be telling us that Satan is the God of this world?
If so, is that who you want answering your prayers?
Remember what Rev.12:9 states Satan has deceived the whole world.
And if you are deceived you don’t know it!
Just a few thoughts.
BB
[/quote]

2 Cor. 4:3-4: “And even though our gospel is veiled, it is veiled for those who are perishing, in whose case the god of this age has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that they may not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.”

Notice the distinction. We have the “god of this age” (New World Translation), which is distinquished from “Christ, who is the image of God”. The God we worship and pray to is a God for all ages. A “god of this age” would be a temporary god or a “god” that symbolizes the main vice of that age. Sata would certainly be behind such a vice. Yet, we worship and pray to Christ, who is the image of God. We pray to the one who Scripture refers to as “light”. While Satan deceives, Christ enlightens. And as John 16 tells us that God, through his Holy Spirit, would guide his church to all truth, I can say that, no, we haven’t been deceived.

Does this help? Please let us know where else you are having difficulty. I appreciate your sincerity and your openess with us in this search. God bless.

2 Cor 4:4
in whose case the god of this age has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that they may not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

The god of this world, i.e., the devil, who is called the god of this world, i.e., of those who live in a worldly manner, not by reason of creation but by imitation, because worldly persons imitate him: “They follow him that are on his side” (Wis. 2:25, Vulgate). Here he blinds them by suggesting, by attracting and by inclining to sins. And so, when they are already in sin, they work in the darkness of sin, lest they see: “Darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God” (Eph. 4:18).

So while Satan is the god of THIS World, only those who live in a Worldly - rather than a spiritual - manner are subject to him.

Jesus warns many times, what comes to mind now is John 6. He says the flesh profits nothing - only the spirit matters.

If we follow Christ, then Satan has no hold over us. Reject Satan and his temptation to Worldly desires and go toward the light of the gospel. Jesus Christ is the image of the TRUE God.

If you take Satan as YOUR god - the god of this world - then he will blind you seeing the Light of the One True God through Our Lord Jesus Christ.

Hope that helps.

I’ll have to point out, since my post and monkey’s post both call attention to it, that some translations refer to “god of this world” and others to “god of this age”. The Greek is ambiguous. Definitely, though, a god of “wordly” things, or of the vices of an “age” is not the otherworldly, ageless God we believe in and pray to. One of the ways that the “god of this age” decieves, is by steering people away from the Church that Christ established to guide them to all truth. Books, such as this one teach a “personal interpretation”. Scripture warns that Scripture is not for personal interpretation. Scripture tells us that there will be false teachers with “seductive” arguments. It seems that this book, in particular, is a great example of both. Remember, Billy, that once churches began breaking away from the Catholic Church and its spirit-guided teachings, they have broken into thousands of parts. Christ prayed that we would all be one. If this man is just another belief, practicing personal interpretation, then he is also good evidence that Satan’s plan of diversion is effective. Personal interpretation, after all, has become a “god of this age”.

[quote=BillyBayou613]. . .I’m still reading…:slight_smile:
[/quote]

The thing is, BillyB, that when you read such things as “weeblindmice” without the guidance of the Church Christ Jesus established you will very easily be led astray by what to you may seem like strong arguments against Christ and His Church, but what are in reality quite silly statements and easily answered. I hope you will use the entirety of this website to aid you in your understanding of Christ and His Church.

Since the Scriptures were written in Hebrew, should we study Hebrew?
I know that there are times that the English has no words to correspond with Hebrew words.
If we miss a jot or tittle it can change the whole meaning of a verse.
When we read the English translation that came from the Greek translation that came from the Hebrew translation that came through the Church that does not follow the Hebrew religion, how can we tell we are right?
I believe we should do as the Messiah said in Matt. 24:15.
He told us when we see what Danyl wrote about standing in the Temple we should understand.
Now Danyl wrote to us in Hebrew, so lets take the advice of the Messiah and read all we can about the great prophet that warns us of the deception in all religions.

BB

Yes this “advertisement” for this book was even poorly written, makes you wonder about the book if they could not get one page of real material.

This book appears to be one of a line ( and very poorly done)of new truths some people beleive they know. Some secret that no one else in 2000 years knows.

If some people did not beleive this stuff it would be funny

[quote=BillyBayou613]Since the Scriptures were written in Hebrew, should we study Hebrew?
I know that there are times that the English has no words to correspond with Hebrew words.
If we miss a jot or tittle it can change the whole meaning of a verse.
When we read the English translation that came from the Greek translation that came from the Hebrew translation that came through the Church that does not follow the Hebrew religion, how can we tell we are right?
I believe we should do as the Messiah said in Matt. 24:15.
He told us when we see what Danyl wrote about standing in the Temple we should understand.
Now Danyl wrote to us in Hebrew, so lets take the advice of the Messiah and read all we can about the great prophet that warns us of the deception in all religions.

BB
[/quote]

Billy, where do you get that the Scriptures were written in Hebrew? It is commonly believed among historians and scholars that the New Testament was originally written in Greek (with a couple possible exceptions in Aramaic). Why do you keep insisting that the NT was written in Hebrew? The Old Testament was, but not the New.

Wow, you think that this silly stuff qualifies as “not a book you can walk away from if you are searching for truth”? You’ve got to be kidding…

And maybe you just haven’t “checked out” enough if you think this is “right on target”.

How old are you?

Not that it matters but I’m old as dirt.
If there was a religion in the world that had the truth, there would be no need for the Creator to step in and establish His House in these last days.
Yet that is what the prophets said He would do. Isa.2:2 and Mic.4:1
We have a world that has more churches than the Law allows.
Yet we kill babies with the blessing of this worlds religion as they watch, whats wrong with this picture?
Why do we war? This not the way to peace.
Brace yourself for 09-12-2006.
When it comes, maybe you will know there is One in total control
and those that follow Him walk in His light and not in the darkness of this worlds religions.

BB

[quote=BillyBayou613]Not that it matters but I’m old as dirt.
If there was a religion in the world that had the truth, there would be no need for the Creator to step in and establish His House in these last days.
Yet we kill babies with the blessing of this worlds religion as they watch, whats wrong with this picture?
and those that follow Him walk in His light and not in the darkness of this worlds religions.
BB
[/quote]

Um, Billy, I hate to point this out, but you quoted Isa. 2:2 and Mic. 4:1, both Old Testament prophesies. The Lord already has stepped in to “establish His house”. The New Covenant, all that occurs since Christ, constitute the “last days”. Now we do have a religion with the fullness of truth - the Catholic Church.

09-12-2006? The day after the 9-11 memorial? Seems you’re either making a terrorist threat or you’ve just added yourself to a lo-o-ong list of false prophets.

And by the way, don’t you dare accuse the Catholic Church of giving our blessing to the killing of babies.

You started out with almost no credibility in here because of your poor Scholarship and alarmist statements. With a personal attack like this on our Church, my friend, you’ve now crossed the line.

We’re all willing to discuss ideas and theology in a civil manner, but I’d suggest you either start providing some solid research and logic to support your beliefs or stop trashing our Church with random and unsubstantiated posts.

Billy. why don’t you answer awfulthings9 question in post #13. The NT was NOT written in Hebrew?
You seem rather hung up on Hebrew. I notice in your profile under religion you have Hebrew. As that is not a religion would you care to share with us what your religion is?

Only now G-d has seen it fit to reveal his Truth to the world.

And it was not through his Son, but through a man called “James Arthur”, and not through Holy Scripture but through a book called “Wee Blind Mice”.

Before cavalierly disregarding this warning, and lapsing back into complacency, we should reconsider, and carefully scrutinize our beliefs. We may find that we have underestimated *the enemy’s *inventiveness and determination to deceive us.

Sadly, it is him who has been decieved, and he cannot see how he is the puppet of satan.

Lord have Mercy on his Soul.

In Christ.

Andre.

[quote=BillyBayou613]Not that it matters but I’m old as dirt.

BB
[/quote]

Hey billy can you explain why we have to brace ourselves for 09/12/06?

The Scriptures were all written in Hebrew.
It was the Church that said they were written in Greek.
Like they say, tell a lie long enough and people will believe it.
Do you really believe that the great apostle Shaul ( Paul ) would write to Hebrews in Greek?
As for 9-12-06 like the Scriptures say 1/3 of mankind will die over 1/4 of the earth.
Spend a little time and research were the Scriptures were written and in what language.
Check out the Dead Sea Scrolls what you will find is there is not anything that backs up the Christian religion in them.
If your religion is the one that all the prophets and apostle warned was coming, do you want to hold on to it?

BB

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.