Ask the Holy Spirit Directly, they say, for all Truth and Grace

Ask the Holy Spirit Directly, they say, for all Truth and Grace

Today Jesus says, ask the Holy Spirit and he'll give you whatever you want.

Is that how it really works. If a Protestant asks the Heavenly Father for the right understanding of Scripture, will he always get it? Are all the graces God desires to give us available straight from the Father of Lights, without any mediation?

Protestants love this verse, cuz it bullies up their "I only need my Bible and all grace from God is informally given by the Spirit directly to the sincere Christian."

But lo and behold, if five loaves and two fish mean seven sacraments, two of which are the only ones had by heretics, Baptism and Marriage, and if a Protestants asks for any of the five loaves, or sacraments that require the priest, what can his minister give except a heart of stone?

As for an egg, it is used to make the loaves and comes from a creature that ORALLY crows the light of day, in so far as five sacraments require the Bishops who ORALLY crow the correct doctrines of Scripture unto humanity, the tradition of the earth that is the "pillar and ground of truth".

So if a Protestants asks for certain interpretation of Scripture from his minister, will he be given an egg, like a bishop can give him, or a scorpion, of heresy? For who really has the power to tread on scorpions of torture of heresy except the Church, who is protected from error?

In apocalypse 9, those without the seal of God are tortured by scorpion tails for five months. Interesting, Protestants are not protected in the intellect, or forehead, from being "harmed" spiritually by heresy, unlike faithful Catohlics, who have Mother Church to protect them from all errors invading their forehead, where they are sealed! And Protestants lack five stabilizing sacraments that would keep them firmly grounded between presumption and scrupulosity, confession, eucharist, confirmation, holy orders, anointing

But if a Protestant asks his minster for two fish, Baptism and Marriage, his good pastor, a spiritual father in s a certain sense, can give those two supernatural sources of food, of grace, since the Baptism of heretics is valid, de FIDE, and marriage between two Baptized persons, even heretics, is presumed valid sacramentally, assuming no impediments.

But what if a person, wondering if he should still seek the minimal sacramental goodness, Baptismal desire (faith, repentance) and to be Married to God forever in the next world, asks the worst possible father, the father of lies?

Perhaps the father of lies will give a deadly but still naturally lit substitute, a natural serpent:

Yes, you should seek to know and serve God, and to find a salvation beyond this life. But NOTE, you can DO IT ON YOUR OWN, WITHOUT Revelation, WITHOUT grace. You can find God's truths with merely Reason, and you can obey the natural law on your own power, apart from grace!

This was the Enlightenment, the next great Woe after Protestant.

And today, what does the father of lies now give to those asking for minimal religiosity of Baptismal and Marital Desire toward God? Is it not the ULTIMATE two serpents?

and the false prophet had two horns like a lamb, but spake as a dragon:

Anti-Baptismal Desire: You have NO need to seek to know God and serve Him, even on a NATURAL level. BELIEVE what you wish, and DO what you wish.

Anti-Marital Desire toward God: Marrying God in the next world forever will not ultimatley fullfill you. Rather, flirting with THIS world will fullfill you, MATERIALISM: Pleasures, possessions, egotistical accomplishments

But the Church has continually tread on all these scorpions and snakes.

She answered the Protestant heresies that tortured so many innocent souls so fervently at Trent, that another council was not needed till Vatican I.

Vatican I addressed Enlightenment most thoroughly and held the Church together. She trampled the serpents that said man needs not Revelation nor grace, per the sinister rationalists and deists.

And Vatican II heralded the Gospel in all its positive splendor just before the modern sunset of godlessness overtook Europe and her children. The Beast and his helper, the lies of the fall, now seduce humanity in great ways ,but Holy One will cast even these into the fire and Our Lady will reign, amen!

Luke 10: Behold, I have given you power to tread upon serpents and scorpions, and upon all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall hurt you.

We are taught by scripture to pray continually -- to be in constant union with God.

I love to pray to the Holy Spirit, who has blessed me in so many ways, including more and more understanding of scripture.

The Lord's prayer is considered the best of all prayers, so rich in meaning and teaching. And, significantly, we pray that God's will be done -- which includes God's general and specific provisions for our needs and for our Christian calling.

Pope Benedict XVI wrote in the first volume of his series Jesus of Nazareth that we have a right and duty to pray for our needs.

[quote="sirach2v4, post:2, topic:315887"]
We are taught by scripture to pray continually -- to be in constant union with God.

I love to pray to the Holy Spirit, who has blessed me in so many ways, including more and more understanding of scripture.

The Lord's prayer is considered the best of all prayers, so rich in meaning and teaching. And, significantly, we pray that God's will be done -- which includes God's general and specific provisions for our needs and for our Christian calling.

Pope Benedict XVI wrote in the first volume of his series Jesus of Nazareth that we have a right and duty to pray for our needs.

[/quote]

ok, thank you, but how does this relate?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.