Asked on behalf of a friend: Is this group legitimate

One of my Catholic friends wants to know if this group is legit. They seem off to me, such as needing to buy THERE crucifix's and being the last devotion ever.

Link

"No-one knows the day or hour" - so says Our Lord. Announcing a particular devotion as the final one would kind of be giving it away, no?

As for the crucifixes - I didn't see on the website where it says so, but I note they have a 'store' section with nothing whatsoever in it to buy - not even crucifixes. A bit odd if it's so important to buy theirs.

Altogether safer to stick to the investigated and approved apparitions.

[quote="LilyM, post:2, topic:178535"]
"No-one knows the day or hour" - so says Our Lord. Announcing a particular devotion as the final one would kind of be giving it away, no?

As for the crucifixes - I didn't see on the website where it says so, but I note they have a 'store' section with nothing whatsoever in it to buy - not even crucifixes. A bit odd if it's so important to buy theirs.

Altogether safer to stick to the investigated and approved apparitions.

[/quote]

It's in the F.A.Q. they claim the site was hacked. If you read there material around the net it seems the AntiChrist will be made Pope and this devotion is the only thing that'll save you when he comes to power.

And it has I can never remember the spellings but the two latin sells that say it is Church approved. Imrpimitur and Neil Obstate I think they are.

there is no "about us" page giving information and documentation about those who built the site. There is no link to any approval by any bishop of alleged "messages" received and promoted. the only contact info is for the store.

there is nothing wrong with devotion to the Precious Blood as such, it has a long and documented history in Christian spirituality, and there are religous orders by that name. but unless a bishop or pope approves a special "consecration" or "crucifix" or any other sacramental associated with the particular visionary or person receiving these so-called messages, I would not have anything to do with this site or anything promoted here.

If you want to know about the devotion contact the either the priests or sisters of the orders named for the Precious Blood.

I'm not a Catholic, but one thing I noticed immediately is that this "organization" seems to center around a Nigerian boy. Nigeria! Land of the great internet scams! Beware!!!!

What many of our protestant bretheren do not understand is the glacial pace that Church can take to approve things. Holy Mother Church takes a long view and she does not mind taking 50 years or so to approve an apparition. Even if the apparition/devotion is approved you are in no way required to believe it. Devotions that arise from apparitions are a part of the diversity and cultural richness of the church.

Almost certainly, this group is a scam. I do not wish to be uncharitable, but there are many red flags, such as it coming from Nigeria, the fact that they want you to buy a special cross, the fact that their website claims to have been hacked (but who would want to hack such a site?) and so on.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.