Asking for help

i have some big problems in my life that i dont know how to solve and i have prayed about them everyday, could i ask god to show me in a dream something that could help me?

Certainly God can send you a message of direction or encouragement through any number of ways, so it would be best simply to ask Him for help, and to be open to the grace no matter from where it comes.

when im praying i feel a very strong sense (accompanied by an unexplained joyful feeling) that i should ask the holy souls in purgatory to pray for my request and also that i should say the chaplet of divine mercy…but i dont know how to motivate myself into praying these prayers

there is no way to motivate yourself…basically the only way is…just say the prayers no matter how easy or hard it is, no matter how tired or energised you are…no matter how good or bad you feel…if you wait for a “motivated feeling” to pray then you may end up never praying at all

Certainly God can send you a message of direction or encouragement through any number of ways, so it would be best simply to ask Him for help, and to be open to the grace no matter from where it comes.

Exactly what I was thinking;)

[quote="Kennywood, post:5, topic:172794"]
Certainly God can send you a message of direction or encouragement through any number of ways

[/quote]

what kind of ways?:bounce:

I have had encouragement in so many ways.

1) from people who address my concerns when I didn't raise the topic.

2) from Scripture being placed in my path or being found myself without actively looking for it.

3) once when I asked about whether I should be saying the Rosary which is a Marian prayer when I could talk directly to God , I found a strange medal by my computer the next Morning. I researched it and found it to be St Benedicts and on the info sheet I found on the internet was the statement " often found attached to the Rosary Beads ". Btw it was one given to me by my Mum ages before that I just threw to one side. It just happened to pop into my view at the right time. but it backed up other signs.

4) I have had occasional dreams but they are never clear and at least twice , I have reason to believe the deciever was involved .

so I need more than one pointer and discernment to be sure. In general I find when I get a message I havent asked for and causes confusion and distress I take that as a wrong one. When I ask for help and get multiple clear messages that give me joy ; I thank God as they always back up what is traditional teaching too.

I consider myself lucky for these helps and unlucky that I needed them :(

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.