Assassins creed and the spanish inquisition

So theres a movie based on a video game called Assassin’s Creed which has a guy reliving his ancestors life during the Spanish inquisition. Has anyone seen the film and if so how did they portray the Spanish inquisition. I have a feeling they made it much worse than it was (I haven’t seen it yet). And what would that place and time truly look like if one were to go back in time to there?

The Assassin’s Creed series has never shy’d away from portraying Catholicism in a bad light, starting with their misappropriation of the Templars.

My wife and I have enjoyed the game series, but they’re pretty awful about Catholicism. Despite their disclaimer of a “multuicultural, multi-religious team of developers,” I get the feeling there’s not a single serious Catholic in there.

The movie doesn’t come out until later this month, but I expect that it will follow in their historical trend of showing Catholicism in the least-accurate light possible. With that said, Michael Fassbender is a pretty awesome actor, so we may see it in spite of that.

Its an action adventure shoot em up, oh yeah, and fiction! Of course it will be portrayed bloody and nasty! Personally, don’t watch that stuff.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.