Assisi Performing Arts Festival - 2 week music immersion

I wasn't sure if this is the right place to post this information. I just received the email flier. The 2 week program is for students as well as professionals, although I think it is geared more towards non-professionals/students. This may mean that people from all levels are encouraged to attend. College students can get credit.

I never had the opportunity to do something like this as it is a little luxury and since it is geared more towards a student, I'm kind of past that point now, but they appear to have a good curriculum for sacred music - even for those older than a student who wishes to learn more about liturgical music and liturgy. They also have a curriculum for secular performance as well. The music mostly entails classical, but also opera, jazz and spirituals/gospel.

AND PLEASE - THIS IS JUST A THREAD TO PROVIDE INFORMATION TO THOSE MUSICIANS INTERESTED IN THIS KIND OF MUSIC FOR THEIR PARISHES, MUSIC STUDENTS/PROFESSIONALS WHO WISH TO HONE THEIR SKILLS FOR CHURCH EMPLOYMENT, AND EVEN FOR SECULAR PERFORMANCE EMPLOYMENT. IT IS NOT A THREAD TO DEBATE, TO VENT FRUSTRATION OR FOR PESSIMISM AND EVEN TO EXPRESS THE OPPOSITE EMOTIONS AND FEELINGS. THANKS AND HAVE A BLESSED CHRISTMAS!!!! :)

The links below should be able to take you to their website.

Sacred/Religious music courses:
1. Rennaisance Catholic Liturgy
2. Order of Service
3. Psalm, Chant and Hymnology
4. The Cantor
5. History of Spirituals and Gospel Music

Other courses:
1. The Life and Art of St. Francis
2. Organ Performance
3. Chamber Orchestra
4. Opera and Spirituality
5. Opera Workshop
6. Jazz Workshop
7. Italian Baroque Music
8. J.S. Bach

assisiperformingarts.org/info/curric.htm

Faculty:
assisiperformingarts.org/info/faculty.htm

Purpose:
assisiperformingarts.org/info/purpose.htm

Singers:
assisiperformingarts.org/partic/sing/perform.htm
assisiperformingarts.org/partic/sing/sched.htm

Organists and Directors:
assisiperformingarts.org/partic/organ.htm

Instrumentalists:
assisiperformingarts.org/partic/instru.htm

Religious Retreat Sample Schedule:
assisiperformingarts.org/partic/retreat/sched.htm

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.