Assumption of Mary Mother of God

Hello! I just need anybodys help I’ve been saying the rosary for
quite sometime I have all the reference of all the mistery in the bible except one of the fourth mistery of the glorious mistery- The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Thank and God bless you.

It certainly does not have to be explicit in Scripture in order for it to be true. But here is a walkthrough about this beautiful truth (LINK).

Here is the short version of the story:

theologic.com/oflweb/feasts/08-15.htm

Here are some you can use from the Mass readings for Assumption and Vigil of the Assumption:

Arise, LORD, come to your resting place, you and your majestic ark. (Psalm 132:8)

When using the verse above, recall that Mary is the Ark of the New Covenant. The same thought should accompany your meditation on the following verses:

Then God’s temple in heaven was opened, and the ark of his covenant could be seen in the temple …A great sign appeared in the sky, a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars. (Revelation 11:19-12:1)

And this Psalm is beautiful and very fitting:

A princess arrayed in Ophir’s gold comes to stand at your right hand.
Listen, my daughter, and understand; pay me careful heed. Forget your people and your father’s house,
that the king might desire your beauty. He is your lord;
honor him, daughter of Tyre. Then the richest of the people will seek your favor with gifts.
All glorious is the king’s daughter as she enters, her raiment threaded with gold;
In embroidered apparel she is led to the king.
The maids of her train are presented to the king.
They are led in with glad and joyous acclaim; they enter the palace of the king. (Psalm 45:10-16)

Hi DoxRox Thank you very much you make me feel so good knowing that there are people who cares people like me

From the link above, it looks like the Orthodox calls it “The Feast of the Dormition”. Catholics call it the Assumption. I am not sure if there is any difference.

Denis, you can get some more information from this very same website regarding the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
catholic.com/thisrock/2001/0105sbs.asp

Here are the verses I use, one for each Hail Mary, to meditate on the Mystery of the Assumption:

Songs 2:10-11; 2:14; 4:8; 8:5; 3:6; 6:10

Ps. 45:14; 45:15; 132:8

Rev. 11:19

From the link above, it looks like the Orthodox calls it “The Feast of the Dormition”. Catholics call it the Assumption. I am not sure if there is any difference.

There isn’t. It’s just two different names reflecting two different aspects of this mystery.

Some theologians think that Mary died and was assumed into heaven; others think she fell asleep (“dormition”) and was assumed into heaven. I think we are free to believe either.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.