at a crossroads

Please pray for me. I need all the help I can get.

I’m still very depressed that my ex-boyfriend (quasi-fiance) left me. He broke my heart in a way it has never been broken before. And I’ve been around a while.

I still want a child, but worry that it’s too late for me, biologically, anyway.

I still haven’t found work and I’m down to my last $1500. I only get a small unemployment check.

I’m really floundering. Spiritually, I’m trying to get closer to God. I attend Adoration almost daily, attend Mass, sometimes several times/week. I’ve begun volunteering for two Catholic charitable foundations. But, I don’t feel his presence very much. Sometimes, I have an overwhelming hotness in my chest when I pray, other times, nothing. (I know this is not uncommon, not feeling a presence when praying, but right now, it’s the only thing sustaining me.)

I’ve made a lot of good contacts and received prayers and comfort from many, but I still see no way out of my current situation from a practical standpoint. Right now, I’m living with my parents. I have asthma. My mother is a HEAVY smoker and won’t smoke outside when she’s cold. I’ve had 3 asthma attacks since moving home and no health insurance. Once the windows are closed, I’ll be doomed by smoke. I have nowhere else to go. I don’t know what to do. I’m working hard at finding work. I apply for everything I’m qualified for, no matter where in the country the position is.

Please pray for me. Please pray that something comes through for me. If I could simply get back together with my ex, that would solve so many of my problems: heart-ache, a place to live and share rent, having someone to lean on.

Please pray! Thank you.
j

Dear Lord for our friend who is suffering the emotional break up of her boyfriend and many other issues causing her to feel so down at the moment I ask You to heal her.Heal her pain please Lord that she may be able ot move forward in her life.If it is Your will that she become a mother then we ask this will soon happen if it is Your will that this not be the case then please help our friend come to the understanding of whta great plans you have for her life.Lord in Your mercy please hear our prayers Amen

Mother Mary please intercede for J
Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Please don’t give up on what you are doing, the answer the Lord has for you will come. In
the meantime, stay close to Him, even if you don’t “feel” anything.
As for your asthma, have you considered getting an air purifier? Maybe only a small one
for the room you are in. Maybe your parents can buy it for you and you could pay a little
for it each time you get a check. Just an idea. I don’t have asthma, but being in a smoke
filled room does give me a headache!

I’m very sorry that you’re going through such a hard time now with so many negative things impacting your life.

It’s wonderful that you’re able to pray, go to adoration and attend Mass – and also contribute your time and energy to others in your volunteer work. Some people are not able to look for God in difficult times and I’m so glad you can.

It’s probably not much comfort while you’re enduring such hardship, but – whether or not you feel God’s presence – you are closer to Him in adversity than you ever are in periods of bliss. This is the time that your character, your strength and your spirituality grow – when you learn through suffering what it means to love God. Although it seems like everything is dark, this time in your life is actually a great blessing for you – you can’t see it now, but I guarantee that you will when you have stayed strong and reached the other side of this dark valley.

Maybe this wasn’t the relationship that would ultimately have brought you closest to God – and probably there are things that this time can teach you that you could never learn otherwise.

Trust in God – He will NEVER fail you and will NEVER stop loving you. You have my prayers and I wish you the best.

Praying for your intentions …

We fly unto thy patronage, O holy Mother of God; despise not our petitions in our necessities, but deliver us always from all dangers, O glorious and blessed Virgin. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace.
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Does our life become from day to day more painful,
more oppressive, more replete with sufferings?
Blessed be He a thousand times who desires it so.
If life be harder, love makes it also stronger,
and only this love, grounded on suffering,
can carry the Cross of my Lord, Jesus Christ.

pax tecum filum believes, O Lord, but strengthen her faith,

Heart of Jesus, pax tecum filum loves Thee, but increase her love.

Heart of Jesus, pax tecum filum trusts in Thee,
but give greater vigor to her confidence.

Heart of Jesus, pax tecum filum gives her heart to Thee,
but so enclose it in Thee that it may never be separated from Thee.

Heart of Jesus, pax tecum filum is all Thine,
but take care of her promise so that she may be able
to put it in practice even unto the complete sacrifice of her life.

Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.