At Mass when should I bow...genuflect?

I feel silly during Mass at times because I do not know the proper way to honor our Lord.

I genuflect before entering the pew upon arriving at Mass. I genuflect before exiting the pew when leaving Mass. On what other occasions should I genuflect?

Moreover, should I bow during the Nicene Creed at the part where we say, “By the power of the Holy Spirit, He was born of the Virgin Mary and became man.”?

Should I bow profoundly before reaching the altar to receive the Eucharist? Should I genuflect?

I choose not to drink from the cup of blood. Should I respectfully genuflect or bow profoundly before the cup or simply walk by?

Thank you.

*Should I bow during the Nicene Creed at the part where we say, “By the power of the Holy Spirit, He was born of the Virgin Mary and became man.”? *

A bow of the body, or profound bow, is made: toward the altar if there is no tabernacle with the Blessed Sacrament; during the prayers “Almighty God, cleanse” and “with humble and contrite hearts”; with the Profession of Faith at the words “was incarnate of the Holy Spirit … made man”…

Should I bow profoundly before reaching the altar to receive the Eucharist? Should I genuflect?

The posture for the reception of Holy Communion in the dioceses of the United States is standing. Each communicant bows his or her head before the sacrament as a gesture of reverence and receives Holy Communion from the minister. The consecrated Host may be received either on the tongue or in the hand at the discretion of each communicant. When Holy Communion is received under both kinds, the sign of reverence is made before receiving both the Body and the Blood of Christ.

*I choose not to drink from the cup of blood. Should I respectfully genuflect or bow profoundly before the cup or simply walk by? *

If you are not receiving from the cup, no sign of reverence is required.

The above documentation is at adoremus.org/0303IGMR_Adapt.html#anchor1614574

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.