At what age did you receive First Communion?

I received in Primary.

I was 16 when I converted and was baptised, confirmed and received First Communion then.

I was 34. It was right after my profession of faith and confirmation.

This past Easter Vigil and I am 24

I was 23 at the time. I was raised Baptist and converted during my senior year of college. My First Communion was Easter Vigil, April 23rd, 2011 (hence the 423 in my username). To date, it was the greatest night of my life :slight_smile:

I was 6.

6 months.

I was 22 - for a myriad of reasons, particularly travel reasons, I never completed my Christian initiation though I hadn’t walked away from the Church. After a powerful conversion experience with my first confession after almost 10 years and my first time of adoration before the Blessed Sacrament I knew I was finally home and I’d follow Him from then on.

I was 6. Confirmed the next year at the age of 7.

Seven, I believe. :mad:

I worry that my first communion was wrongful because I could not yet discern between right and wrong.

Really, in primary school you couldn’t discern between right and wrong?? Late bloomer?

While the Latin Rite says you have to understand to receive, that’s not a divine law but a church law. In other Rites babies receive Communion all the time. I wouldn’t worry about it.

At age 63 right after my profession of faith and confirmation at the Easter Vigil on 3/30/2013 :thumbsup:

1. Second oldest, so far.
  1. Best day of my life!

7 years old

Are you upset because you were only a child? Are you also upset that you received vaccinations as an infant? :shrug:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.