Atheists as a whole have gone to great lengths of silence any mention of God or religion in the classroom

Atheists as a whole have gone to great lengths of silence any mention of God or religion in the classroom

On the Suspension of Two Teachers and Atheism in the Classroom
By Yomin Postelnik Thursday, May 27, 2010
This week, two high school teachers in South Florida were suspended from their classrooms pending investigation. Another teacher who had preached atheist beliefs to their students claimed that she had been “sprinkled with holy water” in reaction to her preaching. Several students who were witness to the events deny that any physical contact took place and stated that the only mention of “holy water” was done in a mocking context, in response to the atheistic teacher’s over the top rhetoric. The atheistic teacher knew that the mere allegation of impropriety would be enough to suspend the involved teachers and this seems to be the reason for her complaint.

Atheists as a whole have gone to great lengths of silence any mention of God or religion in the classroom. It should follow suit that indoctrination of atheistic beliefs should certainly not be allowed, according to the very arguments that they relentlessly have put forward. The actions of the atheist teacher, who openly admits to using her position to preach her beliefs and to commit (anti-) religious indoctrination, are shockingly hypocritical and wrong on the face of it. The School Board’s decision, and that of Superintendent Jim Notter, to punish two teachers who personally hold religious believes, based on seemingly fallacious allegations, while at the same time giving a complete pass to a teacher who has openly admitted to indoctrinating students, is nothing short of shameful on the part of the school board.

We see yet again where the left fights to silence all opposing viewpoints. In this case, we see yet again how they will break their own supposedly heartfelt standards on public speech to suit their agenda. The same people who cry and scream indignation at the mere mention of God in any public forum, all the more so in a public school, freely go about their attempts to indoctrinate students in accordance with their notions of God and religion.

canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/23671

Unless you’re talking about God or religion from a historical context, there is really no need to bring up religion at school. I would agree that preaching an atheistic gospel should also be against SOP :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote="lynx, post:2, topic:199944"]
Unless you're talking about God or religion from a historical context, there is really no need to bring up religion at school. I would agree that preaching an atheistic gospel should also be against SOP :p

[/quote]

at least you are consistent.. unlike a lot of people from the secular point of view.

Unless you're talking about God or religion from a historical context, there is really no need to bring up religion at school. I would agree that preaching an atheistic gospel should also be against SOP :p

[/quote]

My favourite Atheist;)

[/quote]

[quote="Soutane, post:4, topic:199944"]
My favourite Atheist;)

[/quote]

^that

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.