Atheists attack fallen solders' crosses

DENVER – A Denver federal appellate court will hear arguments Monday on the religiousness of 12-foot-high crosses used to honor deceased Utah troopers along state highways.

A federal judge in Salt Lake City in 2007 ruled that the crosses are not an illegal public endorsement of religion and are used to communicate a secular message – that a patrolman died or was mortally wounded at a particular location.

Texas-based American Atheists in their appeal to the 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, reject arguments that the cross “now falls into the category of the no-longer-religious Christmas tree.”

(source)

It’s a good thing God exists. Otherwise, these sorts of atheists would have to find something constructive to do with their time.

– Mark L. Chance.

Would that we were as militant abut our faith, as they are about their lack of that same faith. The world would truly be a different place.

Attacking people is always bad !!
Offending people is always bad !!

Salute & Cheers from a NON BELIEVER:
– Laurent LUG (.@…), March 9, 2009

And to thineself (and what twists desires you have) be true!
Save the trees; Kill the babies!

First Satan convinced the world that he doesn’t exist and now he’s trying to convince the world that God does not exist.Who else could the author of athiesm be but the Enemy?

:rotfl:

It’s a crazy time indeed when the Satanists are closer to the truth than the others!

I know. I have a good friend that has fallen into the evil of atheism. Would you please pray with me for him?

Oh Great Thor
God of Thunder and War
Please use your mighty hammer to beat some sense into my friend for not believing in you.
Thanks

Consider it done. :thumbsup:

There is nothing wrong being an atheist !!
There is nothing wrong being a catholic !!
There is nothing wrong being a protestant !!
There is nothing wrong being a jew !!
There is nothing wrong being a muslim !!
There is nothing wrong being a nihilist !!
There is nothing wrong being a human !!
There is nothing wrong being a human being !!

There is something wrong being a criminal !!

– Laurent LUG (.@…), March 9, 2009

From a Catholic point of view, there IS something wrong with being anything other that a Catholic (is good standing with the Church)! Your life (eternally) could depend on it.

i could not disagree more, better to offend with the Truth than wallow in ignorance.

Even the Chinese government (no friend of religion) put up crosses, made up of steel beams from the debris, to memorialize those killed in the 2008 Wenchuan earthquake.

Memorial to victims of 2008 Wenchuan earthquake - See this image on Photobucket.

Donghekou Earthquake Park

I don’t think the Utah crosses are out of line.

He’s included in tonight’s rosary,and so is Cerad.:wink:

Laurant Lug.We all have to give an accounting of our actions and also our sins of omission.Somehow I don’t think telling Jesus at our personal judgement that it is better not to risk offending someone than allowing that person to fall unwarned and unprayed for into perdition would cut much ice with Him.The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

So actually , for non-catholics , it useless to answer this question ??

So how come we non catholics still live ??

Soutane , what’s the truth ??
Pointing to thesubject , the truth would be ,
it would be better not to attack people !!

If someone offends me with the truth on my/your handicap ,
what gives you the right to do that ??
To be fair is ok , but to insult someone is not ok !!

– Laurent LUG (.@…), March 11, 2009

What is the truth?-that is EXACTLY what Poncious Pilate asked Christ(Truth Himself)you
silly wabbit.(not meant as an insult-consider it an endearment;))

Will we all ever know ?? Who is right ??
Some people says they are the thruth ??
Some people says they tell the thruth ??
Some people says they know the thruth ??
But none of them can or know how to confirm !?!?
That’s how confusion do arise !!

– Laurent LUG (.@…), March 23, 2009

FULLY OFF TOPIC:
PS: I like those Elmer Fudd cartoons :thumbsup:

Jesus is the Way the Truth and the Light

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.