Atlanta Billboards Link Race, Abortion

Atlanta Billboards Link Race, Abortion

http://www.foxnews.com/images/597926/1_21_abortionsign_450.jpg

ATLANTA — The message on dozens of billboards across the city is provocative: Black children are an "endangered species."

The eyebrow-raising ads featuring a young black child are an effort by the anti-abortion movement to use race to rally support within the black community. The reaction from black leaders has been mixed, but the "Too Many Aborted" campaign, which so far is unique to only Georgia, is drawing support from other anti-abortion groups across the country.

"It's ingenious," said the Rev. Johnny Hunter, national director of the Life Education and Resource Network, a North Carolina-based anti-abortion group aimed at African-Americans that operates in 27 states. "This campaign is in your face, and nobody can ignore it."

The billboards went up last week in Atlanta and urge black women to "get outraged."

Full Article]

That is going to be powerful…And there is truth in it…but you know that the pro abortionists are going to detract and call it ‘fear mongering’ …

OUTSTANDING!!! And long over due.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

~Liza

I like the idea behind this, but I have a big reservation with the whole “endangered” thing.

I understand this as a piece of hyperbole, and recognize the point behind it. But the fact is, such children are certainly not “endangered”. Fertility rates and all. Black fathers, on the other hand…that a different post! Thus even though we here can all see the grain of truth in the message, choicers will have something to hang their hat on…“they are not endangered, silly! Darn nutters…”

Part of me thinks a better eye-catching approach would instead to use the “genocide” meme. I know this would be at least as controversial, but would be easier to factually demonstrate (the targeting of neighborhoods, Sanger, etc.).

Amen. Thank God people are waking up to this!

When one out of three black babies is aborted it can be called nothing but cultural genocide.It's a lot cheaper and and waaaaay more acceptable than setting up extermination camps.Tell me there's a difference.Please.What was the percentage of Jewry exterminated in the Nazi death camps?Margaret Sanger is getting her way and if this keeps up there will not be African-Americans in the future.Do African-Americans post on this board?Aren't you horrified?I am.

http://www.jillstanek.com/pp%20slogans%203.jpg

"We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population," she said, "if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members." Woman's Body, Woman's Right: A Social History of Birth Control in America, by Linda Gordon

[quote="buffalo, post:7, topic:186962"]
http://www.jillstanek.com/pp%20slogans%203.jpg

[/quote]

These are just so SAD. Planned Parenthood is just sick and disgusting. Now I think i am going to be sick.

[quote="Soutane, post:6, topic:186962"]
When one out of three black babies is aborted it can be called nothing but cultural genocide.It's a lot cheaper and and waaaaay more acceptable than setting up extermination camps.Tell me there's a difference.Please.What was the percentage of Jewry exterminated in the Nazi death camps?Margaret Sanger is getting her way and if this keeps up there will not be African-Americans in the future.Do African-Americans post on this board?Aren't you horrified?I am.

[/quote]

I'm horrified that the race of aborted babies matters but maybe that's just me. I'm horrified that abortion as an issue ever got politicized to begin with and now that it's getting "racialized" that seems to me just potential to make this a more divisive issue.

I believe that abortion is wrong mainly because the creative rights over human beings belong to God alone. It's wrongness has nothing to do with what color the baby is, how cute it looks, what method is used or who does it. I'm yet to meet an aborted baby with skin pigment, but maybe I frequent the wrong company!

[quote="seekerz, post:10, topic:186962"]
I'm horrified that the race of aborted babies matters but maybe that's just me. I'm horrified that abortion as an issue ever got politicized to begin with and now that it's getting "racialized" that seems to me just potential to make this a more divisive issue.

I believe that abortion is wrong mainly because the creative rights over human beings belong to God alone. It's wrongness has nothing to do with what color the baby is, how cute it looks, what method is used or who does it. I'm yet to meet an aborted baby with skin pigment, but maybe I frequent the wrong company!

[/quote]

It started out as a racial issue.

[LEFT] http://blackgenocide.org/images/teaser.jpg

The purpose of this web site is to expose the disproportionate amount of Black babies destroyed by the abortion industry. For every two African American women that get pregnant one will choose to abort.
                        A Black baby is 5 times more likely to be killed in the womb than a White                          Baby.                          
                     [RIGHT]*Statistics from The Alan Guttmaucher                          Institute*[/RIGHT]
                     "Frankly I had thought that at that                          time Roe was decided, there was concern about population                          growth and particularly growth in populations that we                          don't want to have too many of." 
                     [RIGHT]*7/2/09 Supreme Court                          Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg*[/RIGHT]
                     The most dangerous place for an African American to be is in the womb of their African American mother.

[RIGHT]                                                       Rev, Clenard H Childress Jr
                    [/RIGHT]
                     [

](“http://blackgenocide.org/home.html”)
[/LEFT]
http://blackgenocide.org/images/spacer.gif

[/FONT]Maafa 21 Film Connects the Dots Between **[FONT=&quot]Eugenics, Racism, & Legalized Abortion**

[FONT=&quot] It is being called “stunning,” “breathtaking,” and “jaw-dropping.” Many viewers have said they were left “speechless” by what they saw and several have told us that it filled them with anger. One black woman working as an aid to a pro-choice Congressman said, “I was moved to tears. I came in here with an opposite mindset and I am leaving with another. My life has been changed forever.” One African-American pastor and 1960s civil rights activist said, “I had always been suspicious about some of this stuff, but this film connected the dots in a way I never really understood before.”

They are talking about Maafa* 21*. It’s a professionally produced 2-hour documentary that fully documents the fact that eugenics and racism were the motivating forces which drove the legalization of abortion.
Maafa* 21* is the result of almost three years of research and, since its release, the response has been nothing short of astonishing. One black pro-life leader described it as “lightening in a bottle” and said that for the first time since he’s been in the movement he has a tool that could bring the African-American community on board.
As some of you know, Life Dynamics has been responsible for some of the most explosive revelations about the abortion industry in the history of the battle to save the unborn. In just two high-profile examples, we’ve uncovered the lucrative trade in baby body parts and exposed the abortion industry’s nationwide pedophile protection racket. But as enormous as those stories were, I can honestly tell you that I have never seen anything with the impact of Maafa* 21*. And before I go further, let me make it clear that this would have never happened without the loyalty of the people who financially and prayerfully support Life Dynamics.
It has always been true that the two most profound failures of the pro-life effort has been our inability to activate the Church in the battle, followed closely by our inability to activate the African-American community. This has been especially frustrating given that polls have consistently shown that blacks are more pro-life than whites. But, that has not translated into them joining the battle.

more....

trailer

[quote="buffalo, post:11, topic:186962"]
It started out as a racial issue.

[/quote]

So it must be continued as one? Are we autonomous robots capable only of reaction to what others may or may not have done?

If black women were not having abortions would it still be an issue to speak out against? Yes. I suggest we do now what we would have had to do anyway. Find out (not assume) and address the root causes that women, whatever their color, have abortions. Some issues run deeper than gimmicks and slogans.

Sorry for the double post, autonomous is not the word I meant to use.

[quote="seekerz, post:14, topic:186962"]
So it must be continued as one? Are we autonomous robots capable only of reaction to what others may or may not have done?

If black women were not having abortions would it still be an issue to speak out against? Yes. I suggest we do now what we would have had to do anyway. Find out (not assume) and address the root causes that women, whatever their color, have abortions. Some issues run deeper than gimmicks and slogans.

[/quote]

You'e missing the point.Abortion in general is a most heinous crime but it is also a backdoor extermination campaign aimed SPECIFICALLY at Black Americans in order to come up with a "final solution"to ridding America of them.It is an exercise in eugenics.If only Two black children survive the womb,that is not enough to replenish the population and over time they will become extinct on your shores.Retired supreme court justice and racial elitist Ruth Ginzberg will be delighted.TWO not ONE evils are happening here.

i wished i lived in the atlanta area to hear what they are saying on the local talk radio shows about these billboards and to be able to read anything in their newspapers about this.

i hope that people will wake up about this and find out the truth.

Where are Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton on this matter.Their silence is deafening.MLK would maske this THE civil rights issue.

[quote="Soutane, post:18, topic:186962"]
Where are Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton on this matter.Their silence is deafening.MLK would maske this THE civil rights issue.

[/quote]

if MLK had not been assasinated in 1968 and if he would have lived to see the legalization of abortion, i would hope to think that he would have had a lot to say about abortion and would speak out against it and he probably would have seen the connection between the abortion rates among the black community long ago.

While I understand the historical context of abortion, I reject that it is presently specifically aimed at exterminating black people. Babies of every race are aborted and abortion is a worldwide issue.

This fixation on who wanted to wipe out whom is really irrelevant at this point because black people are not the only ones aborting babies; if it was really a targeted campaign, it has strayed from its objective and the issue is moot.

P.S.: If black babies are being disproportionately aborted today, it’s likely because black women disproportionately feel able to handle an unplanned pregnancy and the socioeconomic reasons they do are really what need to be dealt with.

Whoever, outside of the black community, sees this as a good campaign to promote seems to have no understanding of the psyche of black women. All I see is one more finger pointing out why we’re different (read worse) compared to other women.

Even being against abortion, I feel offended by this campaign…so how is this supposed to help say, some poor, desperate teenager already lacking in self-esteem? History is irrelevant to her in dealing with an unwanted pregnancy; why would she even blink at the revelation that someone wanted to get rid of black people? How is that even news in her world?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.