Attacked?

Why are we attacked for our beliefs? I know that scripture states we must not falter in our faith. This isn’t about that. I don’t understand WHY WE ARE ATTACKED CONSTANTLY! I feel a little like David, and Goliath is knocking on the front door.

Christ said that you would suffer for your faith in him, and you would be blessed for it…

be not afraid… for he is with us to the end of time… and the gates of hell will not prevail against his/our church…

Well said lone ranger:thumbsup:

Thank you Lone Ranger. You are right on target. The finger pointing just gets a little old at times. But, it just inspires me to pray another decade.

I guess that when I was younger, I was only exposed to our faith. My parents did a wonderful in that. As I grow older, and experience so many things, it amazes me that others target us. And, the amazing thing is that I have yet to see it the other way around. I don’t see Catholics screaming “You’re WRONG!” I don’t see my brothers and sisters in Christ saying “You’re doomed for hell”. And, again, it amazes me that these so called followers of Christ can say that about us! So much for “thou shalt not judge”.

Being attacked in my mind indicates the Church is on the right path. If we weren’t, Satan wouldn’t take the time to make things difficult for us.

The above posters have hit the nail on the head. Was Jesus attacked? Yes! Was He attacked even after He ascended? Yes.

Who was the “:AIRS”: of the earth given to? Satan. Is Satan jelous of the fact that Jesus has defeated hin? Yes.

Was it Jesus who said that his followers would be attacked because they follow Him? Yes

[quote=ChristopherMich]Thank you Lone Ranger. You are right on target. The finger pointing just gets a little old at times. But, it just inspires me to pray another decade.

I guess that when I was younger, I was only exposed to our faith. My parents did a wonderful in that. As I grow older, and experience so many things, it amazes me that others target us. And, the amazing thing is that I have yet to see it the other way around. I don’t see Catholics screaming “You’re WRONG!” I don’t see my brothers and sisters in Christ saying “You’re doomed for hell”. And, again, it amazes me that these so called followers of Christ can say that about us! So much for “thou shalt not judge”.
[/quote]

Christopher, don’t feel alone, all religions are attacked by people who don’t believe in that particular religion. Look at some of the posts where Mormons and Catholics are exchanging, you will find some Catholics willing to have dialogue and you will find some attacking with a vengence that is difficult to imagine from people who call themselves Christian. It is all because we are human and it is only human to be narrow minded and not accept others who are different than ourselves.
It only seems like you are being attacked, when in actuality you are in the majority. So don’t feel intimidated. When I first posted in this site I had to remind myself that it was only a few Catholics attacking me, and all Catholics were not so hateful. I even started looking at my Catholic husband with suspicion, as I did not know that Catholics hated Mormons before coming to this site. I found out since then, that most don’t, but a few do, and they speak loudly sometimes drowning out the good guys. Just stand up tall and be proud of your Catholic heritage and traditions. You have 1.2 Billion or is it 1.1 Billion, standing up with you. Don’t let a few stone throwers discourage you. :slight_smile: BJ

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.