Attending a Canonization

I will be in Rome in October, right around the time the Holy Father will be canonizing several saints. Does anyone know who to contact to attempt to get tickets for the canonization? Is it already too late to try?

Thank you! God’s Blessings to you!

contact your own diocese, or if one of the blesseds is from a religious order, contact that order. SIL went to the canonization of the Saint who founded her Catholic college and the order of nuns who runs it (St Mary of the Woods in Indiana, I forget the name of the saint) because she was invited as an alumna. Many local folks from this diocese went to the rite for St Eugene de Mazenod because the Missionary Oblates order he founded evangelized the Rio Grande Valley in the 19th c. and are still very active her. Try to find some connection with one of the blesseds if the diocese does not have “tickets” or whatever is required.

Thank you, puzzleannie! Actually, two of my friends had similar advice. Among those being canonized is Jeanne Jugan, foundress of the Little Sisters of the Poor. One of my friends volunteers at the local LSP nursing home and she suggested I call them. Last week I called, and they were very happy to include me in their group and connect me with tickets to attend the canonization. It is truly a blessing to have such an opportunity!

Thanks again! God’s Blessings to you!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.