Attending another church?

Is anyone familiar with the Brooklyn Tabernacle? I believe its a non-denominational church that leans towards Pentecostalism. Is it okay for Catholics to go there? Why or why not?

It’s perfectly fine to go there. It’s just not okay (a mortal sin in fact) if you go there instead of going to Mass. Go there and check it out if you’re curious. Then go to Mass and experience real presence and the sacraments.

[quote=mikeledes]Is anyone familiar with the Brooklyn Tabernacle? I believe its a non-denominational church that leans towards Pentecostalism. Is it okay for Catholics to go there? Why or why not?
[/quote]

As Jabronie said, you can go as long as you still fulfill your committment to attend Mass. But why would you want to go? Pentecostalism is rotten fruit my friend. Avoid it like the plague.

Why do you want to go?

Attending a non-Catholic service does not fulfill your Sunday obligation. If you are going to display a kind of ecumenism, I wouldn’t advise it as you are saying, in effect, that all churches are the same—this is false ecumenism. If you are going because it is the church your spouse goes to and you wish to maintain family unity, then that’s OK (as long as you still go to Mass at a Catholic Church in order to fulfill your obligation).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.