Attending heretical services

I was wondering whether it is a sin to attend the services of heretics. If someone would tell me I’d really appreciate it…

You’d better give us a definition of ‘heretics’ and explain exactly why these particular people are heretics by that definition.

Well, it seems to me that the Church’s teaching on this issue is different before and after Vatican II. Before it was declared sinful, but after Vatican II it was said to be good to attend them.

This is another smear against Protestants, thats all.

Hey, what makes you think you’ve got monopoly on the title “heretic”? :stuck_out_tongue:

There were many heretics before the 16th century and I have no doubt there will be many more. :slight_smile:

JD

If you are asking if it’s ok to attend protestant services…the answer is yes in most cases as long as your sunday obligation is fulfilled. If you’re asking about attending services at the “catholic” church down the street that has the female priest…the answer is no.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.