Attending Mass on vacation

I am thinking of going on 2 trips and am concerned about going to Mass. I have asked 2 priests this question and have received 2 different answers.

On both trips I will be with a group and travelling by bus. I don’t know the Mass schedules or if I might miss Mass. On one trip I think I can make Mass in the evening unless the bus arrives too late. The other trip is to a pretty much Catholic country, so it may not be a problem. But I don’t know the bus schedule.

I have been told that it is a mortal sin if I miss Mass when travelling and I have been told that when travelling, I am exempt from attending Mass.

Please help.

The following link should assist you in better understanding the Catholic Church’s teaching regarding attending Mass while on vacation. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.Recommended Reading:
[LIST]
*]Is there a dispensation from the Sunday obligation while traveling?
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.