Attention all Dragon Ball and anime fans

Do you guys think watching Dragonball is a sin? The earlier episodes have some sexual jokes in them, such as: Bulma flashing Roshi without knowing that Goku hid her underwear; Yamcha seeing Bulma nude in the shower; Oolong transforming into Bulma and flashing Roshi; Bulma flashing Roshi (without her permission, I think) in order to cover the invisible man in blood; etc.

For those of you not familiar with Dragonball, read this: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_ball.

It’s a Japanese manga and anime aimed at children and teens.

Also, what about watching anime with violence or magic in them?

I guess it all depends with the occasion of sin. I myself am a huge fan of animes especially on Netflix, but it bothers me sometimes that the amount of sexual jokes or references they make are frequent (depending on the show) what’s your reason for watching the show? Do you seek it for the sexual scenes that are present?

I’ve been a fan for over 10 years. When I watched it on Cartoon Network, all the sexual jokes were edited out. So, I don’t watch the show for the sexual jokes. I would prefer it if they weren’t even there.

Hey I’m the same way!:slight_smile: minus the 10 years part. In my opinion I don’t believe it is a sin to watch the show especially if the sexual nature of it isn’t what seek leaving you to take action in I guess turning your eyes away from those parts unless you forget or they appear spontaneously. Because at heart those aren’t your intentions:) as for magic I’m not sure how to answer, since lately I’ve been watching full metal alchemist and they propose much material on the subject of alchemy.

nope DBZ rules the later spin offs of it didn’t though.

Thank you for the replies so far.

Hey no problem!! I just want to be able to help as much as I could, even if I’m a newcomer to this whole forum stuff lol

It is not sinful or wrong. It’s all in good fun.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.