Attention: January 22, 2009 Day of Penance

In all the dioceses of the United States of America, January 22 (or January 23, when January 22 falls on a Sunday) shall be observed as a particular day of penance for violations to the dignity of the human person committed through acts of abortion, and of prayer for the full restoration of the legal guarantee of the right to life. %between%Source

:gopray:

Inspire hearts that it will be so, please Holy Spirit

The kids are having a special Mass at school and we are having a Holy Hour at church in the evening.

Pray, pray, pray!

Being already the 22nd here in the merry old land of Oz, I went to Mass, said a special Rosary for Life before the Blessed Sacrament, and am saying the LOTH Office for the Dead during the day for the souls of victims of the culture of death (and for those deceased who were perpetrators as well, and who especially need God’s mercy).

I was thinking of skipping dinner but I feel a bit tired and miserable, and have lots of work to do so I need to keep the energy up (at least that’s my excuse :wink: )

Praying.

*Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.*

Praying very hard for life to prevail and an end to the evil that is abortion!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.